• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gift from China

namsl

17/4/14
Morning gents,

I was recently (yesterday) gifted this AP 15300 from a family friend who came from China. It looks pretty good .

However, I am not well versed enough in the dark arts to know exactly how good it is.

If anyone can point out what maker, movement they see it would be much appreciated. I would like to mod this piece eventually as well.

Thanks for taking a look.

On to the pics!

111l937.jpg

2coosud.jpg

dggv48.jpg

barth

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/10/12
Honestly mate it looks like a decent rep, though a very good rep of 15300 (much better than this one) has been released a few weeks back.

main flaws to me: wrong datewheel (that's always what I look at first), poor dial printing (fonts re not crisp enough), clasp looks very poorly made, movement is nowhere near gen but we know that already; gen for reference:

15300_caseback_redshift1978.jpeg

But just enjoy it for what it is: a decent entry-level rep that hopefully will last, and give you pride.

Cheers,
B.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Wot Rich said, doesn't look too shabby unless you are an AP freak.

zero_deficit

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/12
Looks like the older 21J 15300. It's only been updated by BP factory lately with a better bracelet, clasp and rotor

But otherwise it ain't half bad, and it was a gift too, can't go wrong there

namsl

17/4/14
Honestly mate it looks like a decent rep, though a very good rep of 15300 (much better than this one) has been released a few weeks back.

main flaws to me: wrong datewheel (that's always what I look at first), poor dial printing (fonts re not crisp enough), clasp looks very poorly made, movement is nowhere near gen but we know that already; gen for reference:

15300_caseback_redshift1978.jpeg

But just enjoy it for what it is: a decent entry-level rep that hopefully will last, and give you pride.

Cheers,
B.

Yes, I am no AP freak. Not yet at least but this is an AP I will sport.

It still looks great and from what you have stated above you're right it is a great entry level rep. :woot:

Thanks for all the help guys.

Will have some wristi's up in a sec

freddk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/8/11
Can you explain whats wrong with the datewheel?

Cheers,
B.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Jong

Renowned Member
12/8/13
Also a flaw of the white stripe between the A and the P. But if you don't care about the flaws, just enjoy it. Looks good.

freddk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/8/11
Also a flaw of the white stripe between the A and the P. But if you don't care about the flaws, just enjoy it. Looks good.

I´m not sure if there is a white stripe (logo is even though wrong). Some pictures of gen 15300:

AP15300_04.jpg

50000d1179968045-fs-audemars-piguet-roya-oak-15300-ap3.jpg

barth

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/10/12
Can you explain whats wrong with the datewheel?

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

I'll let you look at gen pictures.

Font, and size are wrong mainly.

Tapatalked

Jong

Renowned Member
12/8/13
There is no gap between the a and p. There's a white stripe but it's hard to see in your pictures (they are visible though).