• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster 300 master co-axial no longer produced??

Roadman

Known Member
19/11/16
Hi all, glad to see the forum back up and running! This is more of a rant while I await feedback from Ryan on the issue, but I do have some questions about the normal seamaster as well. Specifically the 2012 non chrono version.

Anyway, I ordered one of the master co-axials recently and received QC images of the spectre version, which I am not interested in. I don't like the bezel or the lollipop second hand, and the 007 thing just isn't my thing. I like JB, don't get me wrong... but I'm not a huge fan, so the 007 limited edition stuff just isn't for me.

After pointing out that I ordered the standard version and I'm not interested in this model, I was told by the QC department that the factory is no longer producing them!! I've been excited about getting one of these for the last few weeks and doing all kinds of research on them before pulling the trigger on one, only to hear this from the QC department after sending my payment... so yeah, not amused. Discontinued models should not be listed on the website as in stock. It's frustrating, and somehow I get the feeling that they were just trying to get me to accept this one instead so they don't have to go get the right one. I have read about QC sending pics of the exact same watch after initial rejection so I'm hopefully not crazy for thinking that haha.

And this got me wondering, if they're happy in this case to just order something *similar* from the factory because the exact model I wanted isn't available... how do I know that in future when I order something there are multiple variations of but with different movements etc, that I'm getting what I paid for? For all I know the sub I paid almost $300 for could be one of the lower end models. That would explain the crappy lume and the 134g weight. I am quite frustrated with the idea of this. I'm new, and don't know how to differentiate movements and models of the same watch from different factories just yet. Has anyone else had similar experiences with any of the TDs on here? Thanks!!

Uhrenfreund

6/9/12
I am sure this watch is still available. I ordered one at Sora Shinewatch this week. I think such Things are really a problem with the bigger Dealers. It is not the only one problem with Ryan.
Read here:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/qc-help-on-seamaster-300m.360914/

I think the admins here should be take such Dealers from the TD List. Because this is the only one what they understand. Also the Help Desk is here not very useful.

I think Ryan would get rid of the Bond watches, because i think the hype for this watch is away.

Roadman

Known Member
19/11/16
So I have decided on this instead. Wish me luck... the black bezel and blue dial looks good to me, I read that the blue isn't the same as gen so I wanted to stay away from the all blue cos that would annoy me. Although it doesn't look like you can get the black/blue combo in gen?

I enquired about getting the all black model and Ryan said he could organise that for me. Happy days!

Z3BR4

Renowned Member
16/5/12
The link you posted is black bezel/black dial. The AR coating just makes the dial appear blue in those pictures.

Roadman

Known Member
19/11/16
The link you posted is black bezel/black dial. The AR coating just makes the dial appear blue in those pictures.
Ha, well that settles that then. The thought had occurred to me, believe it or not! But it's best to triple check these things.

What's up with the caseback on these? The seahorse is upside down in the pics of the one I ordered, so I went looking at pics of gens and it seems like the seahorse isn't facing a consistent direction on them. I would have thought that it would be the right way up on all of them, what's the deal? I can't find any mention of this anywhere. Thanks!

Uhrenfreund

6/9/12
I would not accept this deal. If i order a new Seamaster and they cannot source it, i will have a refund. Other Dealers here have the watch. Why you buy a watch that is not that which you want?