• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Another sad story...

hautehorloge

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
12/7/13
A few weeks back I decided to upgrade my trusty V2 Noob Submariner LN. I am wearing it since a year and have lots of nice memories linked to it - it was my very first high end rep after I joined the forums. After all the franken Sub threads popping up lately I just had this bug in my head so I went for some changes that would highly improve my beloved piece.

I purchased a J12 bracelet and a genuine ceramic bezel insert from an Italian forum member. You can not imagine how excited I was to get my very first gen watch part!

In the mean time I made my Sub ready to dress a genuine bezel. I gave it a gen refurbishment with Bergeon 5514 refinishing blocks, cleaned the bezel, polished the sides, etc. After that, the head waited in the box for the upcoming parts.

On Monday the bracelet arrived - same job here, refinishing with the Bergeon block, softened the edges and putting on my shaved Noob clasp wich is superior in fit and feeling.

Now the most important part would complete the build! Tuesday was the day! The bell rang, the post women handed over an envelope from Italy! I'm running into the kitchen, open up carefully the sealing

- and the envelope is empty.

The member from who I purchased is claiming that he really sent me the insert and I am willing to believe him as he is a longtime member with good feedback. The shipping was without insurance - wich I didn't know as I thought a tracked item is also one within insurance as here in Germany. I also didn't know because he gave me the shipping for free.

Now the insert is gone. And so is the money (at least 50% as he offered me a partly refund).

I just wanted to share this tragedy to show how important insured shipping is. Always go for courier or insurance! If is more expensive but worth every penny!

All the best
HauteHorloge

565be6c992b9a77b8c7c43e1af67b0e6.jpg

hautehorloge

INMATE
12/7/13
Wich will be purchased locally.

ianm

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/10
Wow. sad indeed and such bad luck. Thanks for sharing.

ottomatic

Renowned Member
Supporter
12/2/12
No sign that the envelope had been opened? I like the J12 bracelet, great SEL fit.

Mike116

I'm Pretty Popular
20/11/12
Back of beyond
Jesus! Sounds odd to me. Who would swipe an insert. Was the envelope tampered with at all ?was there a value on the declaration form? Hope you get this sorted

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Sorry to hear of the postal theft my friend, this sucks big time, and I know exactly how you feel as I have had over €1k worth of parts stolen from me from packages I have purchased parts from the US, these never turned up at all, and all went missing in sorting depots in the US :(

DJT1

Supporter
15/6/13
Really bad luck, but on the top side the Polishing job & SEL looks amazing

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

cosmicgate

16/9/13
damn! Im sorry to hear that, almost could imagine happening to me myself, that excitement and then bam...

roadhog99

Known Member
1/7/10
I can imagine how that felt! I was properly on edge waiting for my franken to arrive back to me!
And typical it was the gen item and not the j12 bracelet that went missing! Worst part is that probably most people wouldn't even realise what it was!
Hope you manage to get another mate, it will finish off a really great looking watch!

hautehorloge

INMATE
12/7/13
Jesus! Sounds odd to me. Who would swipe an insert. Was the envelope tampered with at all ?was there a value on the declaration form? Hope you get this sorted

It was a bubble wrap inside tampered envelope. Instead of the insert I just found another piece of bubble wrap. No customs as it was inside EU.

hautehorloge

INMATE
12/7/13
Really bad luck, but on the top side the Polishing job & SEL looks amazing

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thank you! I'll make a review thread about that!

hautehorloge

INMATE
12/7/13
I can imagine how that felt! I was properly on edge waiting for my franken to arrive back to me!
And typical it was the gen item and not the j12 bracelet that went missing! Worst part is that probably most people wouldn't even realise what it was!
Hope you manage to get another mate, it will finish off a really great looking watch!

Absolutely! I would have gladly ordered a new bracelet. The insert was still in its original Rolex packaging so they at least know it's a Rolex part.

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
I just wanted to share this tragedy to show how important insured shipping is. Always go for courier or insurance! If is more expensive but worth every penny!

Sad story indeed, but it happens. I had my two or three sad moments too. WORD on the insurance for expensive stuff!

roadhog99

Known Member
1/7/10
Absolutely! I would have gladly ordered a new bracelet. The insert was still in its original Rolex packaging so they at least know it's a Rolex part.

Mmm keep an eye on ebay for someone selling a gen insert on its own!!!!