• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New p9000 movement

eshow3907

I'm Pretty Popular
19/2/13
Guess I'll be waiting a bit before I purchase a 382. I was going to buy one in the next week or two. Now, it'll be a month or two to see what develops...
Obviously your call, just remember that every day you wait to order your Bronzo is another day you could be developing patina.

nemy3u4u.jpg

Norrie

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/12
Obviously your call, just remember that every day you wait to order your Bronzo is another day you could be developing patina.

That's why I found… you don't play around… with the funky gold patina.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Guess I'll be waiting a bit before I purchase a 382. I was going to buy one in the next week or two. Now, it'll be a month or two to see what develops...

And then you should wait for seeing if the new movement is reliable... and then... and so....
You would never buy a rep

ALE

PeteM

Renowned Member
23/10/09
I knew the ZF were working on a New P3000 movement ... Look forward to seeing the final release on these...

there again I was only talking about thier new 532 which should come along shortly along with a few other 47s ... So I never checked about any auto improvements

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
And then you should wait for seeing if the new movement is reliable... and then... and so....
You would never buy a rep

ALE

I am always happy to see some progress, but this is hardly a "clone" p.9000. Just a few more cosmetic improvements. I would be shocked if that is a working escapement and, even if is, how will this effect the stability of the movement. when it comes to reps, I think it's best to stick with known quantities. There's no beta testing for chinese movements. Once they get past initial tests, the put them into production and then fix things along the way (this isn't just the case with reps, but consumer electronics for the home market etc). Also, any new movements are going to be hard (impossible) to source parts for. I bought a KW312 and had the stem break on me 2 weeks after purchase. No on ein the US could source a stem for it and I had to send the watch back to china for repairs--and that's for an ST2555 which is not a new movement by any means. I would love to try one of thesuper-clone movements, but what watch smith outside of China is going to be able to source parts for it???? NONE!!!

If you really want a 382, I wouldn't run to be a LE ZF version with an overpriced movement over the much better and less expensive KW382. The novelty of this so-called new movement isn't that compelling.

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Good point about servicing/fixing those new movements. Maybe considering recent prices it would be time for spares to become available.
I don't think it is cost effective for dealers as well to have a number of reps going back and forth with buyers and makers.

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
...as for all movements I have experienced in our reps, the problem-free chart would look like this:
- all A6947
- all A2836
- most of A2824-2
- most of A7750 without chrono
- about half of A7750 with chrono
- all ST255

...where "the more decorated - the worse". Right now I am going to stick with A6497/A2836/A2825/ST255 with preferably closed caseback... If they make escapement wheel working by mirroring some parts of A7750 - AND maintain some level of reliability - I would be amazed.

kayabun

25/11/11
Made in china .... Don't expect reliability.... Parts probably made form metal scraps .... Look at KFC ... Expired meat! .....

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
...as for all movements I have experienced in our reps, the problem-free chart would look like this:
- all A6947
- all A2836
- most of A2824-2
- most of A7750 without chrono
- about half of A7750 with chrono
- all ST255

...where "the more decorated - the worse". Right now I am going to stick with A6497/A2836/A2825/ST255 with preferably closed caseback... If they make escapement wheel working by mirroring some parts of A7750 - AND maintain some level of reliability - I would be amazed.

I would say my experience is similar. I have only had 3 watches with an A6947, but none of them gave me any problems and they call kept good time with a solid 2+ day power reserve on a full wind. I have never had a problem with any A2836-2 movements, but I can't say the same for A2824's. The seaguls have all been pretty good, but some of the lesser clones used by BP were pretty crappy. Even seaguls have given me some issues when it comes to the date wheel linging up right or fully clicking into place. To be fair though, I have had this issue with gen sellita sw200's also. A7750's without chronos have been good, although not always smooth winders but keep good time, good power reserve and have never needed any work done With chronos, they have been a mixed bag. I have some good ones and a bunch of dogs. I would say the ratio of good to bad A7750's in standard 12/9/6 is 60/40. The always seem to keep good, but the chrono functions are issues. Ironically, I have a noob daytona sec@6, ROO sec@12 and IWC 3714 Portuguese with sec@6 and they have been.. knock on wood....problem free for a very long time (two years on the daytona and it has always gotten wrist time. I was very impressed with the ST2555 for the short time it was in my possession. The snapped stem was really annoying, but based on the experience of others, I'll chalk it up to bad luck. It kept great time, had a great power reserve and was very smooth otherwise. I would like to try a miyota 9015, but I have to recharge the ol' bank account first.

Made in china .... Don't expect reliability.... Parts probably made form metal scraps .... Look at KFC ... Expired meat! .....

Huh, I don't follow. There are plenty of really well made, reliable chinese movement. They aren't on the same level as the Swiss or Japanese, but think some of these seagulls are getting close. I would just suggest sticking to movements with an established track record in both reps and moderately priced gens. Don't get the latest "clone" movement, unless it's been vetted by a few early adopters that don't mind being guinea pigs.

Good point about servicing/fixing those new movements. Maybe considering recent prices it would be time for spares to become available.
I don't think it is cost effective for dealers as well to have a number of reps going back and forth with buyers and makers.

I am not sure we are going too many spare parts for these seagull ST movements. These movements only run around $40 shipped, so why bother buying parts? .

soze

Renowned Member
26/3/13
Is the ZF Pam382 v3 out yet with this movement?
I recall reading from one of the other forums that it came out. However, I could be mistaking it for one of the many other iterations from the multiple batches of ZF's and KW's.

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
The existing A7750 movement with faux P9000 tin plate screwed onto the movement are a ticking time bomb due to the bloody factories drilling the faux plate securing holes after the movement was assembled, thus leaving pieces of metal in the A7750 movement. Hopefully this new movement will replace this stupid POS A7750.

sanankid

I'm Pretty Popular
18/6/11
The existing A7750 movement with faux P9000 tin plate screwed onto the movement are a ticking time bomb due to the bloody factories drilling the faux plate securing holes after the movement was assembled, thus leaving pieces of metal in the A7750 movement. Hopefully this new movement will replace this stupid POS A7750.
+1 good luck to anyone who has one that breaks.

soze

Renowned Member
26/3/13
Well, after getting two sets of QC pics that were unacceptable, I've told my TD to hold off on my order until this new version comes out. Unfortunately, that means delaying the receipt of three watches (AP BB and VC Malte Tourbillon) for a week or two. But it'll be worth the wait to see how this new version is, instead of getting the KW shipped today and regretting it when this new one comes out. Either way, I'll have a PAM382 in some form or another.