• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Arrival from Pure Time

redsteve

Horology Curious
30/6/14
Been waiting for this since ordering it on the 29th of June. The watched reached the UK quickly enough but then ended up going back to China. No reason why but when Pure Time got it back they re-sent it again via EMS and it arrived within 4 days.

My first impressions are it's a very nice rep. I compared it to pics on the Rolex website, and overall it's a good job, with just the lume pip being slightly off centre.

I took the bracelet off and replaced it with a black NATO from Timefactors. Nothing wrong with it but, I'm not a big fan of metal bracelets and I think the new strap works well. Time keeping is excellent and the date changes at 4 mins past midnight.

It's a Sea-Dweller DEEPSEA 116660 V3 Asian 21J and with the postage came in at $173. As this was my 1st rep purchase I wanted to keep the cost as low as possible just in case anything went wrong, however now I'm familiar with the process, I'd happily spend more with them next time. Hopefully the month's wait for delivery wont be repeated the next time.

A couple of quick pics at my desk. (Happy to post up more if anyone wants them)

aligborat69

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/12
UK
Lovely, I had mine waterproof tested and worn it in the beach and pool many times with no issues :)

redsteve

Horology Curious
30/6/14
Thanks aligborat69. I'm wary of wearing it in the shower at the moment so it's good to know it's w/r for use in the pool as I'm off on holiday next week. Overall I'm very impressed, just the little niggle of the off centre lume pip, which in reality you can only see if you look very closely at a certain angle, but nothing to stop me ordering from the same company again.

aligborat69

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/12
UK
Puretime are good, but so are many other TDs :)

Don't wear it in the pool without getting it tested first, any watch shop can pressure test. So long as it's good for 10m then nothing to worry about. But getting a test is essential!!

chaw6125

Renowned Member
14/6/12
Puretime are good, but so are many other TDs :)

Don't wear it in the pool without getting it tested first, any watch shop can pressure test. So long as it's good for 10m then nothing to worry about. But getting a test is essential!!

You might want to test it more than that. I just wore my franken PO in the pool on holiday after having it tested to 60m.

It leaked - all over my nice gen 2500C movement, dial, hands etc. When I got back we managed to rescue it with a service and some new hands. The gen HE valve leaked even when done up....and not from teh threads where is it screwed into the case. That leaks at 2atm (20m). Anything past 50m should normally be safe for the pool though.

aligborat69

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/12
UK
Hmmm. So rule is, unless 50m+ avoid water? At least you rescued it :) watch lives again!

redsteve

Horology Curious
30/6/14
Thanks for the tips fellas. I think I'll wear my gen Seiko SKX007 which is good for 200 metres and keep the rep for posing poolside only :)

btwn68n70

21/2/14
why would you wear a rep or franken in a pool? Would you die if you couldnt see the time/use a quartz invicta watch?