• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Older Noob DSSD w/ Trusty insert installed (PICS)

observationist

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/5/14
So the insert was only $45 shipped. Pearl looks exactly like the gen I saw at the AD today - better than the latest Noob pearl IMO... 5 and 4 don't look exactly like Gen, but whatever. Had to grind it way down to fit it on the Noob (I think it is a BP insert). Took the pics with my phone, but they turned out OK...

What do you think of the insert for $45 shipped?

FMu8RBV.jpg

eq5wamu.jpg

n2og6Wt.jpg

bgoIq3y.jpg

HtGjhJd.jpg

hXCUeMR.jpg

benjji

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/13
yes bp insert.. mmm no good mate, triangle especially. but this is ..

observationist

13/5/14
yes bp insert.. mmm no good mate, triangle especially. but this is ..

Oh, I agree that this is ..

In fact, I knew that this was .. when I bought it.

What does ".." even mean?

Care to elaborate? I think you're missing the point. People pay Trevor $70 w/ shipping for this insert. I know Trusty's not a TD here, but $45 shipped for the BP insert is pretty good price, if nothing else except for the pearl. New Noob pearl is too small or the Noob triangle is too large and equilateral - one of the two. I know because I have a 2014 Noob. I may swap the pearls.

I replaced the bezel on this V5 w/ the BP as a condition upon sale to a friend. He didn't like the old rounded Noob triangle w/ gray pearl.

observationist

13/5/14
And why can't Noob ever center their freaking pearls SMH. If I'm going to go through the trouble of centering the pearl... The BP pearl looks better.

benjji

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/13
yes mate, latest noob pearl not the same size than gen but the numbers and engraving are very close as gen than bp.

all bp numbers on insert are thinner than gen (10 and 40 especially) ..also your triangle is crooked and too to the right, attached to the minute ' index..

sure old noob is totally wrong, dark pearl and wrong. numbers.

my advice it's to save money for gen insert.. latest noob version is so good to deserves that and it'll be perfect

observationist

13/5/14
^ Yeah... This triangle is off. Unfortunately, Trusty doesn't send QC pics for accessories (maybe that's why is was $35 cheaper).

Either way, I just can't get over how much better the BP pearl is than my 2014 Noob. I understand your point about saving money for a gen insert, but the new Noob insert is very good except for the pearl. BP pearl on new Noob insert might look pretty good.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I like it, but i think i like the new noob better.

If BP would put that stepped frame on their pearl it would be perfect !

benjji

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/13
maybe noob pearl is not the same size than gen .. just the "double -ticker ring around" would be an issue, but these issues are imperceptible at eye...

and the rest of insert is perfect... numbers' engraving, their size and contours are perfect as gen..just the platinum is missing. and there are nice pearls in some noob also..

Screen_Shot_2014_05_12_at_6_50_42_AM_zps859e845c.png

mikeshark007

Renowned Member
4/6/12
Op, I think you did a fine job! Definitely gets a pass, a quality mod despite and it's a vast improvement on the insert you replaced resulting in a much nicer visual presentation of your DSSD. Gotta give a guy credit for attacking a modification and getting the job done, 45 usd shipped equals resourceful as well...