• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just installed the correct hour markers on my AP 15400 Miyota

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
I have to say: 15400 cannot be worn while bicycling, playing basketball, swimming, wrestling, scuba-diving, etc. There will be too much lateral pressure on the winding stem, and it will break. The alignment on the bezel screws with the dial is horrible, and the mechanics is mediocre. But, hey, 15400 is like a girlfriend who you break up with, then have a few one night flings later, while she is dating or married to someone else. I sold my white dial long ago, and --- guess what ... I want another .. but this time grey dial. Guru/Domi crystal waiting.... Gotta get to Ken to get my new/old girlfriend back again.

+1000
You didn't help me Slaughter :lol::lol:
Will get another one tonight, for sure...

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
I would never break up with my girl15400friend ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
You need to treat her like a dog, send her packing, break up with her in the cruellest and meanest way possible, then woo her back again over an expensive weekend in Venice, with spa treatments and a new diamond necklace. That is the only way to understand a 15400. It is the woman you do not want to spend the rest of your life with, but one that exerts a haunting allure on you after you separate.

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
You need to treat her like a dog, send her packing, break up with her in the cruellest and meanest way possible, then woo her back again over an expensive weekend in Venice, with spa treatments and a new diamond necklace. That is the only way to understand a 15400. It is the woman you do not want to spend the rest of your life with, but one that exerts a haunting allure on you after you separate.

Done
just take another one from Ryan...

Phantomtech

I'm Pretty Popular
28/12/12

Lol, am I the only one here that doesn't get your meaning??

Phantomtech

I'm Pretty Popular
28/12/12
I have to say: 15400 cannot be worn while bicycling, playing basketball, swimming, wrestling, scuba-diving, etc. There will be too much lateral pressure on the winding stem, and it will break. The alignment on the bezel screws with the dial is horrible, and the mechanics is mediocre. But, hey, 15400 is like a girlfriend who you break up with, then have a few one night flings later, while she is dating or married to someone else. I sold my white dial long ago, and --- guess what ... I want another .. but this time grey dial. Guru/Domi crystal waiting.... Gotta get to Ken to get my new/old girlfriend back again.

Can you please elaborate on what you said about the 15400 cannot be worn while being too active? I never heard that and I am always wearing mine. Is it bad for it??

Phantomtech

I'm Pretty Popular
28/12/12
Hour markers looks awesome.

The white dial for me looks much better on bracelet vs strap, the black contrasted IMO get's rid of some of the beauty and pop of the white dial.. could just be in picture. Do you find this in real life?

You are probably right about the white dial, and that is why AP only offers this model in bracelet. I also think the bracelet is nicer but I needed a dressy watch one evening and a strap definitely dressed it up. But I will probably put back the bracelet and use the strap for the black dial I have. I think the black dial looks amazing on a strap!

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Can you please elaborate on what you said about the 15400 cannot be worn while being too active? I never heard that and I am always wearing mine. Is it bad for it??

You will break your winding stem within a few months, maybe weeks.

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13

is there a grey dial around ??

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
I sold my black one and everytime I see it on the forum I say shit. I bout a white Miyota, hand picked by Ken, no flaws, put AR on it
and it is on the winder since. I may wear it maybe a couple of days / year but I will not sell it again. When I see it here in the Forum I say to myself, it is running downstairs on the winder.

sent from my iPad Air

matsukoy

Known Member
6/7/13
I sold my black one and everytime I see it on the forum I say shit. I bout a white Miyota, hand picked by Ken, no flaws, put AR on it
and it is on the winder since. I may wear it maybe a couple of days / year but I will not sell it again. When I see it here in the Forum I say to myself, it is running downstairs on the winder.

sent from my iPad Air
Very tempted to get this watch. How hard it is to install your xtal?