• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega PO 42mm v5 crown

XFi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/2/12
Could somebody please explain me how to properly screw the crown back after adjusting the time?

I just received the watch and managed to change the time, but when I want to screw the crown back, I get quite some resistance.

Obviously I don't want to harm the movement, so I'm wondering how to best screw back the crown:

- any specific methods?
- how far can I go? Up until now I was always able to turn the crown clock-wise with 2 fingers, but this does not screw the crown back in place...

Thanks a lot for your help!

LIBBY

Known Member
8/12/06
Wish I knew, mine stripped out really easily after i wore it for a very short time...

I think they (and the v4) are infamous for having stems that are a little too long causing the crowns and tubes to have troubles reseating...

XFi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/2/12
What would be a solution? Getting the gen crown and tube?

Or is there another solution?

Thanks,
Seb

kazin326

Known Member
24/9/09
your best bet by farrrr is getting the Gen Crown and Tube from somewhere like Ofrei. You don't want another rep part bc they are just junk in the v5. And with the turn around time and price it would almost be the same cost. So def go with the gen crown and tube and search for tutorial on how to install, there should be several. It's an easy mod just get some JB Weld epoxy and your done.

bobandshawn

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
29/10/13
Florida
Anyone know what case # the 42mm PO was based off of? I found parts at Ofrei's for about $50 total, but I don't know which to get!

Bob

ave90

8/4/13
CONUS
on the 42mm po v5 you need the following,

Crown: 069ST42184
Tube: 090ST1232