• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What Omega to buy next??? Help Guys

Fiveostang

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/11/12
Sure can. I'm in the middle of a match so give me a few

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thewatchdog

26/6/14
Sure can. I'm in the middle of a match so give me a few

Five, do you feel that your BP CrPO is even better than your Noob? What about the movement? Ive heard that the asian clone on the noob is better than the BP.

Fiveostang

6/11/12
I haven't had a noob but the noob accepts gen parts so some feel it's better. I had a few people here ask me if my BP was gen so that should tell you something. I can't speak for the Asian clone as mine had a Swiss movement.

Fiveostang

6/11/12
And just so it's out there I'm not the omega expert. Mr pap seems to hold that role so maybe he can shed some light too.

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
Should i go for a BP/AT or should i wait for a new batch of Noob to be in stock?
This is my first rep purchase and im very keen on going for a planet ocean.
Browsed the forums for hours, made two visits to the AD and finally decided on getting a
45mm Noob CrPO black dial with orange numbers.
Tried contacting a few TDs, all said it was out of stock.
Any member interested in selling one maybe :p

Personally I would go for AT. The decorated movement is amazing. Some people say it's not as smooth as Noob/BP, but I wouldn't stop buying it just because it's not as smooth.

Sent from my iPad Mini Retina using Tapatalk

thewatchdog

26/6/14
Personally I would go for AT. The decorated movement is amazing. Some people say it's not as smooth as Noob/BP, but I wouldn't stop buying it just because it's not as smooth.

Sent from my iPad Mini Retina using Tapatalk
Well but ultimately, wont the life of the watch depend on the movement. What if it looks good externally, but doesnt keep good time or it lags.

bc1221

30/4/14
my BP supposedly has a ETA movement and it seems like it to me by all the markings and details but who ever really knows for sure.
i like mine. the only issue with mine is i bought it with bits of the markings on the bezel rubbed or scratched off. no scratches on the bezel but little bits of paint missing here and there.
aside from that, its perfect. keeps great time. last time i checked, it was running -3 secs a day. it feels solid when im winding or setting the time. date wheel flips perfectly and completely every single time at 12:00.

as for the AT... it looks the part but after having owned a high beat movement, i couldnt go back to a low beat. sure, the movement was decorated to fool the omega nuts but anyone whos ever seen a real 8500 or knows something about it would know right away.

dollar for dollar, id go BP or Noob any day over AT.

thewatchdog

26/6/14
my BP supposedly has a ETA movement and it seems like it to me by all the markings and details but who ever really knows for sure.
i like mine. the only issue with mine is i bought it with bits of the markings on the bezel rubbed or scratched off. no scratches on the bezel but little bits of paint missing here and there.
aside from that, its perfect. keeps great time. last time i checked, it was running -3 secs a day. it feels solid when im winding or setting the time. date wheel flips perfectly and completely every single time at 12:00.

as for the AT... it looks the part but after having owned a high beat movement, i couldnt go back to a low beat. sure, the movement was decorated to fool the omega nuts but anyone whos ever seen a real 8500 or knows something about it would know right away.

dollar for dollar, id go BP or Noob any day over AT.
Isn't the noob movement better than the BP? Noob is 28,800 while bp is 21,500.

bc1221

30/4/14
Naw. You're thinking of the miyota movement.
BP has reclaimed 2836-2.
high beat 28kbph

thewatchdog

26/6/14
Naw. You're thinking of the miyota movement.
BP has reclaimed 2836-2.
high beat 28kbph
Does yours have the miyota? Does it have problems like lagging and seconds hand stalling for a few seconds and stuff like that?

bc1221

30/4/14
I honestly wouldn't get it if I had the option to buy a 28** clone or eta.
The miyota kinda looks the part to someone who's just glancing at the movement or has no idea what the 8500 really looks like but for the money, I'd rather have the high beat movement.

Anyone who knows anything about omegas could tell you that movement is a fake (balance wheel shouldn't be gold. Lol) . At least with the ETA, you get a better sweep.

If you're dead set on trying to pass the whole sha bang as a gen, just get the liquid metal with the closed back.
Nobody I know would tell me to take my watch off and show it to them to verify its real.

I think ink you get a great watch whichever way you go. It's a beautiful piece esp with the applied dials + logo.

Id rather have quality if it means I have to give up some tells.

Anyone got a ST19 watch for sale? :)

thewatchdog

26/6/14
I was pretty keen on buying the LMPO, but it just comes in 42mm. Too small for my 7.6 inch wrist. Lol. Keen on getting a CrPO 45mm. I don't care what the movement looks like as much as i care about how well it works. Most of the people wouldnt have seen a Gen omega movement, so they wouldn't even know. Lol. And not everyone will ask u too take the watch off your wrist to check the movement.

thewatchdog

26/6/14
The problem is that noob crpo with asian eta 28xx is not available. So thinking about what to get, bp/at/l factory. Here comes the other problem, most of these come with miyota these days lol.

thewatchdog

26/6/14
I can compromise with a BP factory model. But dont wanna compromise by getting the miyota.