• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I proudly present you my Franken IWC Big Pilot 5002 Platinum

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I am sure you want a story before the pics so here you go...

It was just after i had finished my Franken Breiling Chronomat, the big red, when i come by a great deal on a gen IWC Big Pilot Platinum dial. Well you know me, i just couldn't say no... So i sold my one week watch to make founds for this one!

Dial was in a fair condition, few marks on it, but i didnt want to risk repairing it and cause it further damage. After all, this dial came from a limited series watch, so not that many chance to get another...

Not much to say about the assembly as the only thing done was to shave the dial feet as to fit the movement. Not much to say either for the watch, except i f@cking love it!!!

So after a lume job (thanks kenny!) and a gen brown strap here is the result!

Painter6

30/11/12
Looks great Pap! When I picked up this hobby, I had a small list of watches I was interested in. Now, after seeing so many great examples like this, the list of watches keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Thanks for sharing.

panermaniac

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
25/5/12
China
Gorgeous

puts my 5002 to shame - that dial is redonkulous!
if you come across another dial like that, please let me know

wear it proudly, Mr P

JaeRSr.

20/2/12
Holy sh.t! That is a beautiful watch. Great job.

Sent from my awesome Galaxy S3!

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Thank you guys for your nice comments!

This is becoming one my favorite pieces, i just cant get it of my wrist since i received it.

Gen strap is amazing, its like you don't wear a strap, that comfortable!

martinV1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
11/11/12
Thank you guys for your nice comments!

This is becoming one my favorite pieces, i just cant get it of my wrist since i received it.

Gen strap is amazing, its like you don't wear a strap, that comfortable!

is that a genuine deployant too?

Mekki

Fake Lover
Supporter
Certified
6/8/07
EU
Looks gorgeous !

Respect for your craftmanship.

lofi

Known Member
16/5/10
Pap! you got the dial!! looks awesome. we have to find some datewheels. one thing tho, you'll need to repaint the second hand to platinum. that version has a matte silver second hand. leave the center chrome tho, just replace the white.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
If only it was the seconds hand buddy. The whole case is platinum not to mention the engraved serial number on the left of the case...

Anyway, that doesn't bother me to be honest, i mean its a 500 limited pieces watch and the dial alone should worth maybe over 1k so i am just glad i found it!

I think we are just the two of us with this dial on our watches!!!

lofi

Known Member
16/5/10
yup as far as I know these are the only 2 outside of the gen versions I have seen. I got to see the real one in new york. we're not that far off. I brushed the entire case except for the bezel to give it the softer platinum look. and I'm gonna engrave the side as soon as I get the nerve. I got a platinum caseback from one of those terrible early reps of the big pilots I found for sale in the forums for dirt cheap. luckily this one spells platinum correctly and has good spacing. my only pet peave right now is the datewheel.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
That sounds really promising! Nice work with the caseback!

Cant wait to see the engravement!!!

ericb196

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
18/5/11
Nica watch Pap and incredible lume !!

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified