• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sky-dweller

Chef

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/3/14
Some thing i never noticed is that no one has a sky dweller review or anything whats the reason for that i love the watch its perfection and would like to know if anyone got one if not why not order one.

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
Most folks have not taken a liking to it. Have yet to talk, meet, or find someone that does. Seems that way with the Gen too. Maybe one day, but............. well, its a hard watch to love, or even like. It happens with any product in any industry. The "odd" guy ................. has a hard time being accepted. The "Edsel" of Rolex, as some aficionados say.

Chef

18/3/14
really no one likes it its such an amazing watch whats not to like about it do the dealers have ones that are fully functional like the gen ?

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
Personally I would go for this in a heartbeat if there was a decent rep out there. I recently looked into this and it seems that there is nothing worthwhile out there in the rep world

SKY-DWELLER_04.jpg

Chef

18/3/14
Thats a beauty so one one recommends ordering it ?

Ruski91

12/10/12
Like i mentioned, it seems that there are no good reps of this at the moment. And seems like there will not be any as there is not too much demand. In this industry, just like in any other, demands dicates production. The makers need to spend a ton of money on replicating a peice and will only do so if they feel there is a good enough demand for it.

As you have seen through searching, there are not too many people asking for this watch therefore, there will probably not be any good replicas in the near future.

jd01449

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/12
Check out WBK listings he has one for sale. It definately as flaws, but its the best one I have seen and also has working GMT.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

bRONX

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/13
Check out WBK listings he has one for sale. It definately as flaws, but its the best one I have seen and also has working GMT.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

yup good as youll get jus buy it OP and be happy

isnt it like $40k or sumtin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swedewatch

26/1/15
Have to refresh this thread as i have been scouting for a decent sky-dweller with no results. Are there actually any good reps being sold today?
I have always liked the design on it (yes i am odd)
And if i could get my hands on one i would like it.

Kyle123

9/1/14
Only rep with a working gmt wheel is the one for sale by wbk.

Kyle123

9/1/14
Doesn't look to bad from the pictures but, every rep has their faults! I'm going to be ordering one

peterpl

24/7/11
Sky Dweller is a beautiful watch. If they made it in SS I would buy the gen tomorrow.

My dream of course would be rose gold......arrgghh.....$40k LOL

D

d4m.test

If nobody has them it´s just because - except the one WBK has recently - not even the gmt works. Than You should be able to at least manually change the monthly marker which otherwise is an immediate tell. As the way it functions will never be gen-like it´s not for purists. Myself I like it and the GMT display as well. If those both things are working might get it someday.

Ace0nBase

Supporter
15/6/13
I actually like it and think it is a nice looking watch. WBK sells one with the working GMT ring but it looks like the month indicator is always going to be stuck on July. I think that if they come out with a version that has both the working GMT ring and a way to manually change the month indicator I would pick it up in a heartbeat.

klinkman

9/1/15
I for one hope this is just a matter of time from the factory standpoint. There are so (too) many subs and daytonas out there, let alone APs and PAMs. Come on guys, build something new and interesting!

The astonishing thing is that Rolex is really pushing this watch, it's the back cover of Autoweek regularly (Jul6 issue for example) in the US, and is associated with lots of F1 advertising. It's like this is their halo timepiece now.

I have to say in 18K white gold it is stunning.

I wonder if Rolex is pushing it simply because everything else has been rep'd to overkill? And this model is particularly challenging for the factories to copy well?