• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO Crown & Tube Cousins Ref Check

skimpybeardy

Known Member
15/8/11
Rule Britannia (UK)
Hi Guys,

A lovely 42mm PO has just landed on my desk from giobo, looks lovely (pearl is great, HE postition is spot on) - Crown wont go down, needs a new tube & while i'm at it I might as well go for a gen crown from cousinsUK.

I have used R2D thread to find what I think are the right parts, however I would really appreciate you guys giving my the all important nod (Well done Skimpy, you can read and you have selected the right parts)

Also, is this all I need?, or would you recommend changing anything else while im at it?

Thanks in advance

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I only use ofrei since I'm in the US. Parts that you selected look to be correct. Nice job. :)

Inushuk

Put Some Respect On My Name
19/10/10
yep ... those 2 ref are correct I bought the same one for my Ultra Franken UPO

42184ST Omega 069ST42184 - Crown 9 x Ø6.10, Depth 4.50 Stainless Steel Waterproof
X12870 Omega 090ST1232-Case Tube

TheExit148

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/1/11
I just did the swap on my, but f'd the keyless works when putting the stem back into the movement.

Its quite the easy mod. If you have the 5th gen 42mm PO you just need to unscrew the tube from the case using small pliers with good grip. Then get some marine epoxy, and epoxy it into place. Get a few new stems, for the 2824 movement (Ebay is a good place) and you'll probably have to cut or shave them slightly smaller to accommodate the new crown and tube. There are a few tutorials here, just check some out. What I wrote was basically the mod at a high level.

Removing and reinserting the stem is the biggest pain for this.

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
I tried to remove the tube with no joy... it seems it's stuck, no way to unscrew it with pliers :(

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Having trouble searching, even via google, I'm looking for info about the genuine Omega crown and tube from cousins, anyone know the parts numbers, its for this Omega below, th least time I checked, a couple of months ago, there was a more recent thread I posted in but searching not finding it...

20140522_065449_zps1baf5da4.jpg

beefjerky456

I'm Pretty Popular
4/3/12
Having trouble searching, even via google, I'm looking for info about the genuine Omega crown and tube from cousins, anyone know the parts numbers, its for this Omega below, th least time I checked, a couple of months ago, there was a more recent thread I posted in but searching not finding it...

20140522_065449_zps1baf5da4.jpg

There is a sticky thread in this forum with ceramic part numbers for cousinsuk

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=164584