• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP 15400s

Jk100

3/2/14
Hi all as you ap people know I'm new to the rep game as a whole. When I first joined the 15400 really caught my eye but after about a month of looking about I decided to buy a don Ramon. I now realise that this was a mistake as my wrist is really to small for a watch with a case as big as the royal oak offshore. So because of this I have now decided that I'm most probably going to sell my ROO and invest in 2 15400s on RG and one SS. I'm going to put the RG on a rubber strap ( I've seen a pic of one and believe me it looks the nuts! ) however I need some of your expert advice which rubber strap will fit the 15400 and also do Tds stock the ap deployment clasps?

As for the SS 15400 I'm going to go for the black face and pair with a black croc strap probably from Donerix! I'd like to hear people's opinions on tpwhat version of the 15400 is the best and why!

Thank you everybody!

paristoto

I'm Pretty Popular
28/11/12
BP version. I would keep the bracelet and lube it. My 2cts.

Jk100

3/2/14
That's definitely an idea I could try that out! How's the rep bracelet on them?

zero_deficit

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/12
Rubeer strap on 15400? A google search doesn't seem to come up with anything, care to share a picture? I think you might run into some problems

- 15400 rep end links aren't gen spec, so you'll have to buy an AP Bands conversion kit.
- As I don't believe there are any after market rubber straps for the 15400,youll have to buy a gen rubber strap
- I'm guessing these are really rare as I haven't seen them before
- RG 15400 from Z factory is out of stock

There are plenty of threads discussing Z fact vs BP, have a read of them. But considering Z factory RG is out of stock, maybe get a Z fact SS and an RG BP, and see what you like

Jk100

3/2/14
Get ready for a noob question also is the Miyota version the z fac one?

zero_deficit

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/12
Ahh, haven't seen that before. Still would at the very least be an inconvenience to get that combo going on the rep.

As for the Miyota, they come in SS from Z Factory. And from another factory (it's inferior to BP and Z) that comes in SS and RG

zero_deficit

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/12
Haha it's actually getting quite confusing with all these 15400s coming out in different combos, so im not sure which ones will be available with leather strap, because if you buy the bracelet version, you'll need to buy endlinks separately

Jk100

3/2/14
Are the end links readily available ? Or do the Miyota versions have an option of comin on a rep leather strap

mn9500

Known Member
26/9/13
Ahh, haven't seen that before. Still would at the very least be an inconvenience to get that combo going on the rep.

As for the Miyota, they come in SS from Z Factory. And from another factory (it's inferior to BP and Z) that comes in SS and RG

Just ordered the lite miyota from toro (not z factory). Looks to be the same just without the movement engraving. do u think it's really inferior to the zfac?

Shooboo

Renowned Member
8/9/13
Jk100. I looked into those end link conversion kits before. They r expensive as shit. Ive seen 2 different companies sell them and they are around $400-500 mark. Bear in mind these are made for gen aps so yes they cost more then then rep watch itself. They suppose to look natural and fit 100% plus they are all aftermarket. Once you get them you can slap on heaps of different straps :) but yeh. Pricey.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shooboo

Renowned Member
8/9/13
Ps there was one guy who sold these kits and had a rep. Forgot his details but remebereded he lives in korea lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jk100

3/2/14
It broke my heart when I saw the price of them on apbands haha it's something I will probably do but over time!

Jk100

3/2/14
That's very appealing the watch just looks to good on croc to pass up on