• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vintage Rolex Replica Dealers?

beau_bands

Renowned Member
29/10/13
Hey everybody. Im Beau. Im new to this forum. I really like the vintage looking Rolex reps. All the ones I see writeups on are basically all the same... I sent the watch to this guy for this, and another guy for that. Ordered these parts from such and such.
My question is, Does anyone know a dealer who just sells completed vintage looking watches?

D

d4m.test

Hi and welcome. Most TD also offer out of the box vintage models like comex submariner, double red seadweller and milgauss or explorer. Huge selection with pureti.me

DVNE

Put Some Respect On My Name
7/11/12
Hi and welcome! The reason you see vintage Rolexes being sent away to be modded is because there aren't many out of the box that are accurate. Modifications to the case (i.e. lug holes enlarged, crown guards trimmed, bezels replaced) and dials (relumed) are much needed.

With that said, if you are looking for a decent out of the box Rolex 1680, the www.pureti.me version is decent. Just replace the crown and you are good to go. The lug holes are already gen spec.

runta25

Renowned Member
3/1/14
New York, NY
I second the 1680 on pureti.me. I have it and it is great. I also have possibly the only no minute track 1680 red on here :)(lil braggin haha). If you really want a great rep, however, going the mod route is good for achieving that. There are also several DIY on here for that.

Time taker

Known Member
9/3/13
just checking out puretime and notice Angus offers an Asian or Swiss ETA option 1680 - I'm guessing the watch you guys are referring to is the Swiss model? And that the diff between the two is more than just the movement ? (Being that its twice the price of the Asian!)

DVNE

Put Some Respect On My Name
7/11/12
just checking out puretime and notice Angus offers an Asian or Swiss ETA option 1680 - I'm guessing the watch you guys are referring to is the Swiss model? And that the diff between the two is more than just the movement ? (Being that its twice the price of the Asian!)

Do a lot of reading as it has been covered plenty of times. GO FOR THE ASIAN ETA CLONE. It is just as good and serviceable as the 'swiss'. Most of the times, the swiss movement is dirty and will need a service right out of the box.

Time taker

Known Member
9/3/13
Do a lot of reading as it has been covered plenty of times. GO FOR THE ASIAN ETA CLONE. It is just as good and serviceable as the 'swiss'. Most of the times, the swiss movement is dirty and will need a service right out of the box.

thanks for the advice but I read and read and read again - its part of the fun for me to find about about the models before purchasing. Maybe i've missed something but I can only see an Asian 21J or the swiss 2846 for the 1680 from Angus - I always opt for an asian for exactly the reasons you mention... My question is, what else is different other than the movement? I would rather have the A21J for $118 but I'm not sure that the case, dial etc would be the same as the swiss model considering the price difference. Apologies in advance if im missing something....