• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JLC reverso 250 8.86

Derek Mc

Known Member
10/3/14
I wanted to share my Reverso with you. I have owned it since a very close friend bought it on a trip, he like me adore's his watches, and I said bring me a Cartier or a Jaeger and he came home with this.

It has a part Mother of Pearl face with an embossed cream centre and seconds at 6.

It keeps perfect time, I have worn it extensively as the quartz movement has kept perfect time. I changed the strap for something I think is elegant and delicate not overpowering the watch which is smaller than my usual fayre.

Sadly when my daughter was being taught to tell the time in school, she borrowed this piece as it was the smallest watch I owned, but, somehow somewhere at school during PE, the watch was polished along a concrete surface inflicting massive damage to the crystal. It is quite visible under a 10x Loup, and despite sitting with diamond lapping paste 5micron 3micron 1micron the damage is deep and a new crystal impossible to source!

However, perversely this add's to the character of the watch, even a local top quality jeweller in Glasgow failed to call this one when I was asking about repairs, they were insistent I send it on to Jaeger,,,, I declined their kind offer promising to return (they even used a Loup, and verified the model on the computer,,,,,
DSC_0569_zps975dda29.jpg

DSC_0568_zps3e593bef.jpg

DSC_0571_zps62a8b5f2.jpg
DSC_0572_zps4490f9db.jpg

D

d4m.test

It´s a lovely JLC. Fantastic caseback engravings. And that Mother of Pearl face must be beautiful in the metal. Nice sportswatch.