• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Roo Quartz Question

estebanelequente

7/2/14
I Just bought a Quartz AP Roo on another forum and it appears I was screwed. The watch runs great until about 1 oclock and then stops. It I click the crono it starts again or if I pull the crown and set the watch it goes again fine until 1 something. Could this be the battery or is the movement just screwed. This is a AP roo panda quartz with an upgraded rubber band from the noob version. What should I do with it. 1) New battery, 2a) M2M sale with full disclosure cheap (2B)if so how cheap as to not get laughed at?) or 3) Trash! Thanks!

pasiz

Known Member
30/9/13
I would try new battery, if that doesn't work, hands may not have enough clearance on dial. Many possibilities. Not bad to fix, usually there is no sorcery involved in quartz movements.

estebanelequente

7/2/14
I would try new battery, if that doesn't work, hands may not have enough clearance on dial. Many possibilities. Not bad to fix, usually there is no sorcery involved in quartz movements.

Thanks. I cracked the back open and that part is easy What do I do to replace the battery there is a piece of plastic and two metal pieces locking the battery in place to i just carefully bend those back I just didn't wanna break anything else worse than it already is broken. Sorry I am awful at this stuff.

estebanelequente

7/2/14
Also let me be clear I wanted to sell the watch anyway and am no good with any of the technical side of any of this. I intend on getting the 7750 version of this watch but if its easy to fix Id rather replace a few dollar battery than lose $100 of what I put into it.

estebanelequente

7/2/14
Nevermind I got it out Thanks. If that doesnt fix it I may just sell it off cheap for parts or just the strap. Any idea what its worth that way? just in case?

estebanelequente

7/2/14
The battery did not fix the issue. It still stopped at 1:30 and even the seconds stopped the only thing that wakes it up and makes it begin to run again is turning on the chronograph. once that starts ticking seconds start up again and all hands move. Any ideas? or should I just try to sell it off if so what is this worth noteing that the strap is pretty nice?