• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Member: Couple of POs, one has issues.

Jakel84

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/4/14
been lurking for a while. Great info here! Anyways, I bought my first rep from Andrew at Trustytime few months ago. A beautiful PO 8500 with orange numbers. Turns out it wasn't so trusty. I wear my watch when I sleep to check the time throughout the night and morning. Surprised on it's first morning to see it stopped in the night. It didn't start working until a gave it a knock with my knuckle. It stopped a couple times at work too. I've always worn autos so I know it was well charged. It was getting stuck.
I emailed Andrew about it and he said send it back. I was hesitant to pay $25 to send it back and maybe lose it somehow so I took it to a couple local watch repair places locally. Ugh. none of them would fix it...
Here's the problem: It only stops when I sleep with it on. lol. If I put it on my headstand it goes all night and I put it on it the morning. Or I'll wear another watch that day and it's still ticking when I get home. I'd say it has a 2 day reserve when sitting (face up, down or sideways). If I fall asleep or nap for even an hour I wake up and it's dead until I knock it. So, the watch repair shops would call me few days in and say they don't see any problems so they don't want to open it. And they didn't take my request of putting a nato on it and take it home for a night. They must think I had a fetish.

So, few months in of just wearing it daily and switching at night it got to me that it wasn't a real functioning piece and then the clasp pin came off and I need to have that fixed so I arranged to send it back to Andrew in Hong Kong. He was cool about it all except for not giving me a refund, swap or sending a new clasp (I had to send the whole bracelet for them to fix) and he emailed me that it was fixed and sent out only a week after. It's been over 2 weeks and I have not gotten it back and the tracking # doesn't work. He said he'd check but I haven't heard anything yet.

Anyway, I hope it's fixed for good. (I also bought a PO 2500 from another dealer at the same time which has been working perfectly and hasn't left my wrist.)

Here's the trouble PO

here's the stand-in

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
Welcome at RWI! Hope your problem solves!

Sent from my iPad Mini Retina using Tapatalk

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Unfortunately that's the game, some times bad luck hits, it has happened to almost all of us at a time...

Two solutions as you have already seen, send it back or get it repaired from one of our trusted watch smiths.

Wither way patience is the key. When a problem occurs you have to be patient until its fixed.

If you think you need further help (not after two weeks though) you can always contact someone of the our moderators or get a support ticket and you will get further support.

I am pretty sure soon enough you will get it back fully working!

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
I bought a Hublot from trustytime 2-3 years ago and that had a faulty crown. And I also send it back because I couldn't find a rep spare one. (This was before I joined any rep forum.) and it took about 8 weeks to repair and another 6 weeks for the shipping back. Because when they send back they usually send as cheap as possible airmail or similar...
I thought I was scammed but I finally got it back. And I had to service and clean all internals (dial , hands , inside crystal etc because they probably opend the watch inside a vacuum cleaner bag to release the stem and crown... ) best way is to contact any of the forum trusted Watchmakers they do a superb job with the replica watches here.

also I think the mods can't help out here if you counter problems as Andrew and trustytime isn't a TD here.
i have done many transactions with him and they have been 95% successful.

be patient and good luck.

Jakel84

13/4/14
Thanks! I will definitely be utilizing "local" talent here. I would love to have couple pieces regulated; the 2500 PO is few minutes fast a week. And I'm going to need both of them to be waterproofed for mild swimming this summer!

Jakel84

13/4/14
Damn, it's been few weeks since it was supposedly shipped. The tracking has never changed from "origin post preparing shipment" so I don't know if it's even left China yet.

AP786

Known Member
Certified
1/9/13
i bought couple of watches from "Trusty time " , both of them came faulty . But fortunately "Katt" fixed it for me .he replaced parts and made that watches working . Now i switched to another trusted dealer "Tony "from Asian7750 . He is really nice dealer . Reasonable prices & QC is really nice . I almost 10 watches from him . All working good . Totally stopped buying from Trusty time . I am not blaming anybody here . but that is my experience .

Jakel84

13/4/14
i bought couple of watches from "Trusty time " , both of them came faulty . But fortunately "Katt" fixed it for me .he replaced parts and made that watches working . Now i switched to another trusted dealer "Tony "from Asian7750 . He is really nice dealer . Reasonable prices & QC is really nice . I almost 10 watches from him . All working good . Totally stopped buying from Trusty time . I am not blaming anybody here . but that is my experience .

Thank you. I'm done with Andrew and trusty time now.

Jakel84

13/4/14
Update. Watch came back today, after a month long shipping. It is worse than when it left. Before it would stop during the night. Now the second hand stops on every rotation of at the 4 marker. It's been rendered completely useless. I'm trying to figure out my options. Sell it to modders or someone who can fix it for couple bucks or just toss it in the lake?

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
No surprise.
Sell it and move on or ask a modder to fix it.

Jakel84

13/4/14
Update. I told Andrew I was going to post a heads up on all the rep forums he's still endorsed by and he said he'll send a new one. I'm waiting for QC pics

Jakel84

13/4/14
The replacement is doing great! Only lose less than a full minute a week! Just got it pressure tested at the mall before heading out fly fishing. It passed

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
See that's power these guys want to sell watches they need to provide good service. And if we don't speak out and name names they will just keep taking advantage. This is not a Hobby its Business. Some people are to nice, I will always tell in my posts who I am dealing with Good or Bad.

I don't get the sleeping with watch on, I think that's weird, My wife does it too... WEIRD if you ask me.

can you please tell me are these NOOB, BP, AT and what kind of movements? please. Pictures of movements fine if you have display backs, I'm still learning to.

Jakel84

13/4/14
See that's power these guys want to sell watches they need to provide good service. And if we don't speak out and name names they will just keep taking advantage. This is not a Hobby its Business. Some people are to nice, I will always tell in my posts who I am dealing with Good or Bad.

I don't get the sleeping with watch on, I think that's weird, My wife does it too... WEIRD if you ask me.

can you please tell me are these NOOB, BP, AT and what kind of movements? please. Pictures of movements fine if you have display backs, I'm still learning to.

It's an eta from BP.

chris lee

Looking Around
19/4/14
I bought 3 watches from Trusty Time (Andrew): a Submariner Swiss ETE 2836, a Planet Ocean Swiss ETA 2824, and a Speedmaster Moon Watch (Lemania).

1. The Submariner didn't last a month before its setting function began to grind and the crown and stem fell out (completely dry mechanism). It's on its way back to China for repair. Andrew wouldn't agree to simply replace it.
2. The 45.5mm Planet Ocean is simply a beautiful watch and has been spot-on, but recently, its clasp pin broke (apparently a weak point) after two months. A local jeweler is fixing it, although I may eventually order a rubber strap.
3. The Speedmaster has been trouble-free, but oddly, arrived with no extra links on the bracelet. It just fits my 7" wrist, although I would not have minded an extra 1/2 link. I like to wear them a bit loose.

I believe the Sub and PO are BP products. If I buy another replica, it's likely to be an orange bezel/black rubber strap 45.5mm Planet Ocean A2836 through PureTime, or something from BK (DSSD or Sub).

Does anyone know if BK inspects/lubricates the movements of his watches? Dry movements have become a sore spot with me!

LilyLV

Looking Around
5/2/14
I am getting ready to make my first purchase from Andrew. Glad I found this info. Still going to give him a try and let you know how it goes.