• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Indonesia Military chief 'collects fake watches

Omega88

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/11
http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-27142969

The head of Indonesia's armed forces has tried to smash a luxury watch on the floor in front of journalists to prove the time piece is actually a fake, it seems.Lt Gen Moeldoko was apparently responding to speculation around his watch collection - which the four-star general insists are fake. He said: "Just watch me, so you know I'm not lying," The Jakarta Globe reports. He then let one of the reporters check the watch, but apparently it was still working and had not picked up any scratches.
The watch in question is said to be a $100,000 Richard Mille 011 Felipe Massa Flyback Chronograph. But Lt Gen Moeldoko says it is a good Chinese imitation worth $430. "Other people buy expensive watches, but I get them cheap," he says.
When asked whether buying counterfeit goods violated intellectual property rights, the military chief responded: "That's none of my business." Another newspaper, the Jakarta Post, suggests the general takes inspiration from the watch design. "A country can move forward if it is innovative. Every time I look at this watch, it reminds me of innovation," he says.
Earlier, the Singaporean website Mothership published a picture gallery claiming to show the general wearing watches worth thousands of dollars.

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
It would seem so :lol:

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
just wait for the thread to come up:

"My rep Richard Mille is just as tough as the gen, I tried to smash it on the ground and it still works!!!"

DVNE

7/11/12
just wait for the thread to come up:

"My rep Richard Mille is just as tough as the gen, I tried to smash it on the ground and it still works!!!"
and the OP would be the Indonesia Military chief. lol

zero_deficit

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/12
RM2013071709-01_enl.jpg

http://puretime-asia.com/product/rm011-le-mans-classic-2012-pvdrg-on-black-rubber-strap-a7750/

smokiedabong

22/8/12
He should get a Pam, works better with the attire

5357d58513ab9.preview-699.jpg

I don't think he's one of us, smashing a watch on the floor? I don't care it's rep or gen, or what point I have to prove, I would never do that.

458spider

I'm Pretty Popular
2/3/13
He should get a Pam, works better with the attire

5357d58513ab9.preview-699.jpg

I don't think he's one of us, smashing a watch on the floor? I don't care it's rep or gen, or what point I have to prove, I would never do that.

The guy behind is like "F*Ck this fuxkarooney fuxckerz, told him not to buy and wear RM reps since its not super yet like diver v6!!!!"

silverclaw

I'm Pretty Popular
24/2/13
UK
[rant]
Typical Singapore..

Let's be honest here, all singaporeans will testify that the high government here earns 10 times the amount that this fellow here does, drives around in Rolls Royces, and collects Richard Mille by the truckload.

Yet, why doesn't Indonesia meddle with the business of Singaporean higher ups? I WONDER...

[/rant]

Maszie

Known Member
10/10/12
Why would you even wear a expensive looking watch (rep or gen) like this as a government official? If you like watches just wear them in your free time or at least not in front of a camera when you are wearing an official uniform.

shykhai

Renowned Member
31/5/13
I don't think he wears REP. Maybe he bought a rep of the RM to prove a point to the reporters and have the real one at home...these generals...all of em are corrupted, one way or another.

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
For those who know what I'm talking about:

I think he got it at Bagus Watch :adoration: lol

458spider

I'm Pretty Popular
2/3/13
I don't think he wears REP. Maybe he bought a rep of the RM to prove a point to the reporters and have the real one at home...these generals...all of em are corrupted, one way or another.

:facepalm: i would say a RM is a piece of cake for him, well rep or gen is not important.
what matter is when and where you wear them, in this case its a wrong time and in a wrong place.

Why would you even wear a expensive looking watch (rep or gen) like this as a government official? If you like watches just wear them in your free time or at least not in front of a camera when you are wearing an official uniform.

This is a great point, couldn't agree more.

trinity13

15/12/13
Ok.....what id did he register here?? LOL
So full of Sheeetttt....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk