• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hey there! Welcome me to the Dark Side?

sehrgut

Horology Curious
21/4/14
I generally collect vintage Soviet watches, but have recently become interested in replicas and homages while looking for a nice watch with the PTS bridge movement. None of the "legit" crappy watches have any beauty to them at all, so I've started looking for a good Corum Golden Bridge replica or homage.

I'm quite impressed at the community here, and look forward to participating!

sehrgut

Horology Curious
21/4/14
Thanks, everyone! And ALE, I'm definitely interested in Panerai styles too . . . I've actually been looking at a lot of the Parnis line for the last few weeks, but haven't pulled the trigger. I'll have to check out the resources in the PAM subforum to help me decide. :)

Jetmeister

Looking Around
23/4/14
Hi,

I am new here and did not do my home work. It started last month when my friend showed me a Panerai Composite watch. I googled different models of the line and fell in love with the PAM00504. Then I started looking for a nice replica. I found this:

http://www.dxdealmal...ion_1410_p.html

Sent an inquiry, they replied quick. They told me that they will send me pictures of the item as soon as payment is made before shipping. I paid through WU, I got 15% discount plus 5% promo discount. SO I was like, WOW this is a great deal! So I sent them the payment. 2 days later, no pictures. I emailed them and the person was actually a little nasty maybe because I have been asking about the "promised pictures". The person just said, "we will send them soon". Another day had passed, no pictures. Sent another email for updates, they replied with a tracking number and said that the item was sent the day before. The watch came last night. Worst thing I have ever seen in my life. Wrong watch. Wrong details, just wrong in every way... I have been sending messages to this person. No response. Is this the end for me? Hope to hear from you guys. I want to know what else or is there a way to deal with this.. Thanks much!

Jetmeister

bimmerguy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/3/13
Welcome to the dark side!

Welcome, there's a whole TD section of places that are generally considered safe to purchase from BUT if there's a TD you should make your first purchase from it's this guy above me. Top notch service and communication. All of my rep purchases have been through him and I will continue to only use Toro. Good luck!

Jetmeister

Looking Around
23/4/14
gusabuda.jpg
qa7uquqa.jpg

Thanks for the tip. This was the one sent to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sehrgut

Horology Curious
21/4/14
Welcome to the dark side!

Welcome, there's a whole TD section of places that are generally considered safe to purchase from BUT if there's a TD you should make your first purchase from it's this guy above me. Top notch service and communication. All of my rep purchases have been through him and I will continue to only use Toro. Good luck!

Thanks for the kind words, and the recommendation! It's always nice having a satisfied repeat-customer to recommend a vendor for me.