• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is NOOB V3 overPRICED comparing with BP SubC????

mbenz

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
27/6/11
Can anyone owning these two watches give you comments on this topic?
I believed a lot of members must be having this question mark when they look at the price of NOOB V3. Is the quality and built yards ahead of BP???
Every member is looking for the perfect rep, but is this NOOB V3 the one to pay for this price???

PepitoGrillo

Known Member
11/2/14
That's very subjective and highly dependent on the money that you're willing to spend just to have a minimal improvement.

D

d4m.test

This reflects just my personal opinion on this issue for the time being. Any other divergent opinion is perfectly understandable and acceptable for me. I do like a good, well assembled watch with centered rehault engravings, well applied lume and centered pearl, working clasp, good time keeping and that´s it, from a certain level onward I don´t want to pay 100 usd for each 1% it gets better.

The comparable former BP Ceramic Submariner was 268 USD (now 238 USD) the new Noob with the Asian ETA came out at a "shocking" 368 USD (+37% price increase). As this was immediately out of stock only the decorated Asian movement is available at 448 USD. That´s a +210 usd price difference for arguably better looks as I haven´t seen a "complete" V3 yet it has been either a V2 or a V3 with V2 parts. The caseback is closed anyway and if You do open it the decoration on the movement won´t fool anyone, so its useless per se.

The "quality" meaning movement/assembly/threads/stem/O-rings is exactly the same - either good or bad, depends on luck, not visible on qc-pics - on both the now 238 usd BP version and the "new" 448 usd Noob V3.
This means the "assembly quality" is not better on the Noob V3, possibly or arguably the "visual quality", the looks, may have improved - not enough imho to justify +37% and never 448 usd. (+ shipping its 500), difficult to impossible to see on the wrist anyway. (looks 65%-70% Gen imho)

At this price level I see 4 options:
1. Buy the BP Sub-C - this has the very comfortable glidelock clasp bracelet and in my opinion the still better dial - gets You a fairly priced Submariner for trying out

2. For just a little nothing more go direct for the TC - Sub 16610 classic model (thinner lumedots/ green lume/ no engravings at all/ fantastic dial/ in comparison much higher assembly quality and movement quality - the TC clone movement is shockproof/ assembled cleaner and has a higher quality) plus looks 90% gen (against the 60%-65% of the BP and the 65%-70% of the Noob V3) If it´s a KH dial this one You may even check it with a 10x lupe to see how good it is; TC-Sub is thinner, thinner is better sits more flush to the wrist, has another gravity point and thus "feels" better;

3. Buy the Steinhart Ocean 1 or Military gen at the same price level - this comes with a true Swiss movement and qualitywise is in another dimension, 200 m waterproof and with warranty

4. Take 358 USD and buy the AP Diver V5.1 in SS, now that is a really good-looking, gen-feel-like and quality rep and with the money left over get the 16600 BP Seadweller with the highbeat improved Asian 2813 for just 188 usd - and it looks supergood
Thank You if You liked this and to illustrate some pics below:) Hope another member can add some V3 pics later

This is what the 238 USD BP submariner can look like
Sub-ChdrBigshotL1050531.jpg

BP Sub-C vs. TC special, self-explanatory
1024_2296.jpg

BP Seadweller 16600
SD_9864cr.jpg

TC special compared to BP Seadweller
tcvssdwDSC_9745.jpg

Just a little more distant
TCCRvsseadweller_1335.jpg

BP Sub-C compared to TC special
TCSubC_9650b.jpg

All 3 side by side: wrist-time is 40% Sub-C 35% TC and 35% Seadweller - like this preserve them all:)
Sub-CTC285SDMetalL1050822enh.jpg

The picture that does not belong here - it´s the previous version AP Diver V5 the V5.1 is out now
Ap_2413cr.jpg

mbenz

Banned
27/6/11
Well said, Daywatch.
Any member holding V3 willing to share his view on the quality of this watch?
Someone mentioned the rehaut engraving is very close to Gen, maybe this can justify the high price?
Someone said that the casing is more Gen-like, is it true?
Other things such as Insert, dial, all parties have failed to address it.
I think there must be a basis for Noob to demand a premium over BP, anyone who owns V3 willing to shed some light on this?

shadowmaker

Banned
8/12/13
This reflects just my personal opinion on this issue for the time being. Any other divergent opinion is perfectly understandable and acceptable for me. I do like a good, well assembled watch with centered rehault engravings, well applied lume and centered pearl, working clasp, good time keeping and that´s it, from a certain level onward I don´t want to pay 100 usd for each 1% it gets better.

The comparable former BP Ceramic Submariner was 268 USD (now 238 USD) the new Noob with the Asian ETA came out at a "shocking" 368 USD (+37% price increase). As this was immediately out of stock only the decorated Asian movement is available at 448 USD. That´s a +210 usd price difference for arguably better looks as I haven´t seen a "complete" V3 yet it has been either a V2 or a V3 with V2 parts. The caseback is closed anyway and if You do open it the decoration on the movement won´t fool anyone, so its useless per se.

The "quality" meaning movement/assembly/threads/stem/O-rings is exactly the same - either good or bad, depends on luck, not visible on qc-pics - on both the now 238 usd BP version and the "new" 448 usd Noob V3.
This means the "assembly quality" is not better on the Noob V3, possibly or arguably the "visual quality", the looks, may have improved - not enough imho to justify +37% and never 448 usd. (+ shipping its 500), difficult to impossible to see on the wrist anyway. (looks 65%-70% Gen imho)

At this price level I see 4 options:
1. Buy the BP Sub-C - this has the very comfortable glidelock clasp bracelet and in my opinion the still better dial - gets You a fairly priced Submariner for trying out

2. For just a little nothing more go direct for the TC - Sub 16610 classic model (thinner lumedots/ green lume/ no engravings at all/ fantastic dial/ in comparison much higher assembly quality and movement quality - the TC clone movement is shockproof/ assembled cleaner and has a higher quality) plus looks 90% gen (against the 60%-65% of the BP and the 65%-70% of the Noob V3) If it´s a KH dial this one You may even check it with a 10x lupe to see how good it is; TC-Sub is thinner, thinner is better sits more flush to the wrist, has another gravity point and thus "feels" better;

3. Buy the Steinhart Ocean 1 or Military gen at the same price level - this comes with a true Swiss movement and qualitywise is in another dimension, 200 m waterproof and with warranty

4. Take 358 USD and buy the AP Diver V5.1 in SS, now that is a really good-looking, gen-feel-like and quality rep and with the money left over get the 16600 BP Seadweller with the highbeat improved Asian 2813 for just 188 usd - and it looks supergood
Thank You if You liked this and to illustrate some pics below:) Hope another member can add some V3 pics later

This is what the 238 USD BP submariner can look like
Sub-ChdrBigshotL1050531.jpg

BP Sub-C vs. TC special, self-explanatory
1024_2296.jpg

BP Seadweller 16600
SD_9864cr.jpg

TC special compared to BP Seadweller
tcvssdwDSC_9745.jpg

Just a little more distant
TCCRvsseadweller_1335.jpg

BP Sub-C compared to TC special
TCSubC_9650b.jpg

All 3 side by side: wrist-time is 40% Sub-C 35% TC and 35% Seadweller - like this preserve them all:)
Sub-CTC285SDMetalL1050822enh.jpg

The picture that does not belong here - it´s the previous version AP Diver V5 the V5.1 is out now
Ap_2413cr.jpg

This is the best post ive seen this year.

The v3 is a very good top quality watch, and i liked the comment on the ocean 1 - i got the ceramic version and its superb gen per dollat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2.

2pac

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/1/14
I think the v3 is the Ferrari of the replicas submariner 116610..
I agree for the question of high price 3135 movement.. But
those who want the best replica, it must be willing to pay more... I am one of those :)

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

benjji

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/13
2pac i'm not interested on v3 , so i dont know if it has 3135 or just decorated 3135 ( i think the second one)..i hope for you that it has not 3135 movement...

2pac

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/1/14
it surely has got the 2836 decorated like 3135
I was forced to choose this version. For now and I think for so much more time will be the only one available on the market

benjji

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/13
you're going for v3 ? v3 has smoother insert engraveed.. the paint modd would be perfect

2pac

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/1/14
Svshawn you v3 is amazing!!! Where do you buy it?

svshawn

Renowned Member
24/2/14
Svshawn you v3 is amazing!!! Where do you buy it?

Hey bud. I got it from Sead at supermirrors. Sead is awesome. I had him hand pick this for me.

2pac

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/1/14
Very nice watch!!!! ;)))
The crystal has got correct height? It has got the 3135 clone?

D

d4m.test

Thanks guys, received some very nice thumb ups from You:)

2 updates:
A.) tonight 09.04.14 I saw the first qc pics of a members "real V3" and the engravings and triangle on the bezel-ring are deeper/ fatter and better looking than on the BP. Difference is instantly visible and better+1 - this just means until now I haven´t been seeing the real one, just members who bought one and where told it was a V3;
B.)if the stem gets worn or breaks on the 3135 there seems to be no fitting replacement for the time being - sure this will be fixed but it will remain a harder to get (non-standard) replacement piece;

V3 owners, if You have one, please post a good pic for us to see here