• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen Rolex 6694 story and request for help...

Jake48

Renowned Member
17/3/06
I posted this on Watch U Seek, but was hoping some of you guys here at RWI could help me. Thanks in advance!

One of the reasons I collect watches is because I enjoy the unique story that comes with each watch. Here is this watch's story:

My daughter, Brittany, knows I collect watches so when she found a picture of a watch she wanted she forwarded it to me and asked if I could help her find it. Brittany works in the fashion industry and lives that Bohemian lifestyle, so of course she found a Vintage Rolex 6694 on a NATO she just had to have. This is the picture she sent me:
OriginalPhoto.jpg

My standing deal with the wife now is that if a new watch comes in, an old one goes out. Have to keep the wife happy you know... lol I looked through my collection and decided to let the 1969 Omega Speedmaster go. Posted it on Watch U Seek and in less than two days it was gone through a flawless transaction with "Brodie" Thanks Brodie! Now I had the green light from the Watch commander to go find the 6694 for my daughter. A little cruising around the net and I found a very nice one on TZ:
Rollie6694.jpg

Another flawless transaction and the watch was in perfect shape. Only problem was that it needed a black dial. I took the watch to a friend who is a Rolex fanatic with connections for just about anything Rolex and he came up with a black Oysterdate re-dial. I then found the strap my daughter wanted and Sofie at Cheapest NATO Straps hooked me up. Here is the result:
BrittRollie.jpg

BrittRollie2.jpg

BrittRollie3.jpg

I think Brittany will be pleased and I can't wait to give her the watch for her birthday!
Now for the favor. Sofie posted some pictures of the watch on her Instagram site. If the pictures of Brittany's watch get the most "Likes" this week, Sofie will give me 5 more NATO straps to give to Brittany. If I you have an Instagram account would you guys here at Watch U Seek help me get those straps by "Liking" the photos? I think it would be fun to give Brittany the watch and the straps and then give her the link to the pictures of her watch. Here are the links to the pictures:

Thanks in advance!

http://instagram.com/p/mLGP8tmh6l/#

http://instagram.com/p/mLF6zamh6Q/#

D

d4m.test

Remarkable effort and fantastic result. The part I really cannot follow is You have to let one of Yours go so Your wife kindly authorizes You get one for the daughter. Strange world..... but very nice watch & setting, daughter will be happy and that´s what matters:)

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
Nice. I have a 6466 reserved for my daughter as well. It's just purring away till she's old enough to wear it.

Ar71888

26/3/14
Just liked the photo on IG - you're an awesome father and that's a lovely combo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
Very nice. I can understand the agreement to let one go if you want a new one for yourself, but this is a gift for your daughter, not you. Then again, maybe it has more to do with budget than anything else, which I get. Nice piece. There are some great deals on 6694s out there. This looks like a nice one after your improvements.