• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Think you could do it?

Liamborghini

Renowned Member
21/12/13
I'm here (as a noob) to find out how many are really addicted or just impulsive or just buy on the odd occasion...

I understand that many of you have been sucked in but honestly (be truthful) do you have the will power to stop?

I'm going to be honest to you all first and say no, I have been hooked :frusty: Damn it!

What about you?

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Hmmm... No.

:D

iliketowatch

Renowned Member
20/7/12
Stopped for a couple years but the bug recently got me again...

Just when i think i'm out, these super reps drag me back in!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

beefjerky456

I'm Pretty Popular
4/3/12
Stopped with my TC sub, 41mm datejust II, Patek Nautilus, 42mm v5 Planet Ocean & 21j 007 seamaster pro until something makes me re-start. Simples.

Jong

Renowned Member
12/8/13
With every watch I buy, I feel like my collection is complete. Then comes the next greatest watch that I have to? buy. It's neverending.

~Rolex~

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/2/14
Only thing that compares to owning a gen, is a franken watch. Regular reps don't do it for me.

Thank goodness I don't have the bug of several name brand watches & only enjoy wearing one brand.

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
I have an idea of what I want and usually don't change my preferences. Once I find it I'll get it. I don't buy on a whim

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
No longer into impulse buys. More knowledge means more deliberation.

Can't stop buying watches, though. But, hey, why should I? :lol:

adamweby

28/8/12
CONUS
i don't really intend to buy anything. I have a few I keep an eye out for. my problem is I scan the sales forum daily. picked up my iwc, breitling and have a tag in the mail all within past few weeks. I don't think I can stop...

infamous18

I'm Pretty Popular
11/12/13
Can kids have too many toys to play with??? Some get neglected (less wrist time) some tossed aside (sold to other hobbyists) the rest are cherished and saved .. Why stop collecting I think most agree the hobby is addictive and the forums are entertaining. I personally enjoy collecting. Besides how else would I know what time it is??

Luthier

30/9/09
I buy not to wear. I wear just a few. But I collect.

Liamborghini

Renowned Member
21/12/13
Can kids have too many toys to play with??? Some get neglected (less wrist time) some tossed aside (sold to other hobbyists) the rest are cherished and saved .. Why stop collecting I think most agree the hobby is addictive and the forums are entertaining. I personally enjoy collecting. Besides how else would I know what time it is??

I like this quote!

Glad everyone could be honest, less glad with the fact you can't stop... xD one of us... One of us...

Rush2112

Renowned Member
27/4/13
I've almost got all the reps I want. Problem is now I'm starting to crave lower end gens like seiko so it never ends...