• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Blue Ceramic LB Rolex Submariner - WHICH ONE?

morninglory

27/1/09
Hi all,

Am thinking of a getting a Blue Ceramic LB Rolex Submariner.

There seems to be many out there (Puretime alone have 5!), which one should I go for and which TD supplies?

I would ordinarily rather have Swiss ETA movement but it seems there's an ongoing debate on whether the Asian Superclones are as good, if not better than the Swiss. I bought 2 Rolex with Swiss ETA from iwatchstation several years ago and they haven't missed a beat; there's also something about them having the Swiss ETA inside that just feels right ans slightly superior than an Asian movement!

Any advice as always, would be much appreciated!

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
I guess, you need to read way more, before asking such a questions, mate.

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
You joined almost 5 years ago... and still don't know???

morninglory

27/1/09
Been off the scene; was only on it for a while in 2009 and amassed my collection so excuse if my questioning seems naïve; advice would be appreciated

YoungGun87

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/2/14
I was also interested in the Blue Sub, but then a friend told me that the blue sub is the one that look the least like the gen version. I was advised to get standard black subs or green 'Hulk' sub but avoid the blue. I think its due to the fact that most rep makers out there have yet to bring the blue colour close enough to the gen. Just my 2 cents.

sanankid

I'm Pretty Popular
18/6/11
Blue sub is 24k gold and 25k watch used. Good luck pulling it off...I'd go for the green hulk 116610 instead

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
I would always go for one with a Swiss or Asian ETA. The other so called Rolex copy movements are still to be tried. The ETAs like the 2836-2, 2834-2, and 2824-2 movements have been around for decades and are proven to be good. also they can be serviced by any watchsmith or watchmaker and parts are all over to be found. Read up some more and buy wisely !

morninglory

27/1/09
Hi,

Added a BP Maker Ceramic Sub 'Lunette Bleu' with Swiss ETA to my first order from TD Ryan.

Considered the LV but already have a 'sombre' GMT Rollie rep with black face so fancied something just a bit brighter!

As always, appreciate (most of) the advice on this great forum, thank you!

Will post some pics when it lands

TicForJAd

Known Member
23/2/14
I'm very interested in pics. The blue, both in color and reflectivity, would be harder to get right. That said, if I can find one close enough, I'll be grabbing an all gold/blue face Sub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emdeevee

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/13
Southern California
Was thinking the baby blue and ceramic bc that is what op stated.

Blue sub is 24k gold and 25k watch used. Good luck pulling it off...I'd go for the green hulk 116610 instead

I think we're talking about a 116619 rep, which is the 24k white gold lite blue sub. Consensus seems to be that BP's rep of this is closest, though it does have that annoying, if accurate, "OFFICIALLYCERTIFIED" dial. But I have held it right next to the gen and the color is very very close - pretty indistinguishable in MHO.

Luth, the SS in that link was a 16610 fitted with dial and bezel from the TT blue sub (16613?). The only native blue dial sub (I'm pretty sure) is the ceramic 11619.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2