• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best sub for Franken base? TC?

dannyzuko

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/8/13
Looking to do a sub Franken with some gen parts and cherry picked rep parts.

Looking at at tc or Ryan's case possibly gen strap if the reps aren't up to scratch ??

live1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/3/13
i would use a sean case if i was building a 16610 franken.but if i couldn't get one i would use tc case

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
If your doing a modern sub the only one currently making one with gen specs is TC. You could go with a sean case, wm9 etc but these are hard to come by and only available from m2m sales.

That being said, i would pick up a TC and mod it until your hearts content. lol

Good luck on your build!

giobo

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/5/10
Sean case if you ask me.Second best is the TC v4 !!!

Jordan27

I'm Pretty Popular
3/7/13
Modern sub TC, early 90's sub. Sean, wm9 or nice budget friendly option ST case with some tender love and care, 70's 80's sub MBW or Cartel sent to RolexAddict..

Om3ga_guy

28/12/10
Canada
I would go with TC Sub. You don't get the deep rehault but its a mod free case really. Seans case is wicked but the curvature radius on his lugs doesn't line up with TC end links (combo which most people do). You end up with two different radius's and it looks terrible. Not the "ideal SEL" fitment most people look for.

My two cents.

rsh

3/4/10
I would go with TC Sub. You don't get the deep rehault but its a mod free case really. Seans case is wicked but the curvature radius on his lugs doesn't line up with TC end links (combo which most people do). You end up with two different radius's and it looks terrible. Not the "ideal SEL" fitment most people look for.

My two cents.

what he said !

Om3ga_guy

28/12/10
Canada
what he said !

Lol glad we are aligned bro...

Here's an example of what I mean in my first post, not calling out names, photos I've attached are purely for reference and education...they were also the first ones that popped up in my search...

Sean case c/w TC end links:
4adedeme.jpg

nubugate.jpg

TC v5 c/w TC end links:
era6usu8.jpg

sajybu4y.jpg

eba9uhyq.jpg

evahezu7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk