• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Looking for a PAM 111 with a "decorated" back

mghm3

Renowned Member
2/3/14
Let me preface this by saying that I am a complete newbie.
I have been looking for a PAM 111 replica, and wanted to buy a noob v3 111, but it didn't have the movement decoration I liked. I first saw this movement on a friend's gen PAM from about 8-9 years ago. He doesn't know what model it is, but it says "luminor marina panerai" on the dial just like the 111 and looks identical except for the engravings on the movement. I don't know if the model he has is actually a 111 although it looks like one. Anyway, here are some pictures of the movement that I am looking for.
UhVqYhp.jpg
f98Ib3D.jpg

I would also like the watch to be water resistant and under $400ish new.
If you are confused about anything I said, just ask below as english isn't my first language and my sentences can get confusing.
Also, sorry if this has already been asked. I searched but couldn't find anything.

mghm3

Renowned Member
2/3/14
If you are new and interested in Panerai reps, you simply must read through the amazing Panerai Reference guide that ALE7575 created and maintained:

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/...earch-Identification-Evaluation-amp-Selection

In answer to your question though, starting with the "H" series (2005) of 111 the movement decoration was changed from the inscription to the Côtes de Geneve. The current reps all use this later movement.
I read through it and couldn't find anything about the watch I wanted, so I asked here. Thanks for the answer, are there any older accurate reps that use this decoration by any chance?

Locknload

22/3/13
It would be safe to say that unless someone has serviced the watch AND tested it with a pressure tester that you should keep a rep far away from water unless you only like your watches to tell the correct time twice a day :)

mghm3

Renowned Member
2/3/14
It would be safe to say that unless someone has serviced the watch AND tested it with a pressure tester that you should keep a rep far away from water unless you only like your watches to tell the correct time twice a day :)
good to know, thank you. As you can see I don't know to much about reps although I know a bit about gens and homages. Any other advice/things to look out for if I buy used from the forum sales?

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
good to know, thank you. As you can see I don't know to much about reps although I know a bit about gens and homages. Any other advice/things to look out for if I buy used from the forum sales?

Same things as what you look for in gen sales. Does the watch look like what is currently available in the market, is it in good condition, etc. ;)

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
you are talking about "movement decoration"

Pams have moved from what you like to a different style of bridge decoration. The older style is going to be hard to find in a modern, good rep. Broaden your horizons.