• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

So many backdoors.........

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
This with the other @N story is why I just spend a few hours randomizing all my passwords some more (even though I don’t have anything on twitter of value). This guy was SO lucky they didn’t take down his amazon cloud… http://arstechnica.com/security/201...my-500000-twitter-username-jb-and-my-startup/

I guess the takeaway is no matter what security is in place, some minimum wage phone support person is going to give away your keys. That and backup your cloud so someone can’t take it hostage.

Please don’t be the low hanging fruit for the scammers.

Q

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
If someone knows your name address DOB etc, then it doesn't matter how good your passwords are does it? They hacker calls the service people and resets the password - they aren't hacking the password???

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Some little prick is always going to fukc around with gaining access to back doors they don't belong in....

baSwr.gif

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
it's a blessing and disquise at times. the security they put on accounts is a good thing, but if you truly forget your password or if you haven't used an account for awhile, you have to answer these silly confirmation questions, like: "what was the name of your first pet?" I got this one wrong because I named my second pet, and it kicked me out. Now I had to call into customer support and they asked me more security questions and I hesitated at fist because I couldn't remember which email I was using, so then I got the third degree from them in terms of questions.

I told them I'd call back after I do a bit more digging up. Yah, good and bad sometimes.

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
I've been contacted by litterally 1000's of ottoman tradesmen who wanted to purchase trksh-bzr......I even saw a guy advertising on facebook how he wanted the name Q5?.....wierd......kindda. well not really but how cool would I feel if it was true :)

Rush2112

Renowned Member
27/4/13
I had someone taking over my bank account a couple of years back. They were changing the passwords and address and ordering debit cards and checks. I found out about it before losing anything and no matter what security I out on my account the people answering the phones at Bank of America would turn over my account to them since they had enough personal info. I even had it changed to requiring that I personally be present in a branch with an ID to change info. Two days later? They took it again. I finally switched to another bank after suggesting to them that they either had idiots working for them or they had people in cahoots with the scammers.