• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I like quartz replicas

MK08

Renowned Member
3/4/07
it seems this post is not that popular since it's about Quartz watches but I want to chime in. At this point I am only looking to buy quartz watches or maybe 21j. Of course other movements if it's a great deal but unlike most. I don't care that much about the movement and don't crucify me for saying so ( Flame-free zone :) Yes I know that the movement etc makes the rep much more close to gen but honestly unless they are watch lovers like us they have no idea. I even have the money to get super reps but I just can't find myself wanting to buy $300 + reps. especially AP's at $500 or more. I guess im a cheap ass and it would be nice to try out a cheap piece before investing on a expensive rep.

I've also noticed even those wearing Gen's have no idea about their watch. My buddy had on a Sub at my friends kid's b-day and knew less than me about his own watch. I have gotten so many compliments on a Brietling I got for less then $50 ( not remotely close to Gen) I love the watch. it looks great and even a buddy who has a real Navitimer grabbed my wrist and says nice watch bro. Just because it's 21J with sweeping hand he automatically assumed it's real. ( plus nobody would think I would wear rep watches so that helps)

I got a Omega for $70, Breitling for under $50 and Tag Carrera for under $30 and get compliments all the time on them. So with that being said, i'm more about the look of the watch rather then how close to Gen it is now. i wasn't this way first starting out and wanted super reps but when i am getting more love from my cheapies then my $400 rep.... it's something to think about. Plus nobody is going to examine my watch, nor will most of them even know the brand or assume it's a rep, so I want to know why TD's don't offer more options of cheaper reps? I would love some Hublot's and AP's that are under $150 or even under $100 so I can have a few just to enjoy the look and style but it's impossible to find them on TD sites. I know people always say just PM a TD to source for you but it would be nice if TD's had a section that just sold Cheapies for people like me who want to just enjoy the look/style and want the watch to last a long time. I know Silix offers some economy watches but what about others? I have looked at several TD sites and don't see much options.

I wish us quartz/21J/cheapie loving brothers would get some love too. I want to buy some more watches to fill the watch box but not at $300 a pop! anyone else with me on this? BTW that Tudor is beautiful and eve more so since it only cost $100!

A big +1 for me. I used to own a bunch of expensive auto reps, I went through modding, servicing, ect. Then I went no reps at all for a while, now I'm exclusively quartz, for all the reasons mentioned set it forget it and reliable. Plus I'll only deal with Stan, if he doesn't have it I'm not interested. Just got a ceramic quartz Hublot from him and it's an outstanding watch.

Jeryy

Looking Around
31/12/13
Quartz for me - Who is Stan?

A big +1 for me. I used to own a bunch of expensive auto reps, I went through modding, servicing, ect. Then I went no reps at all for a while, now I'm exclusively quartz, for all the reasons mentioned set it forget it and reliable. Plus I'll only deal with Stan, if he doesn't have it I'm not interested. Just got a ceramic quartz Hublot from him and it's an outstanding watch.

Thanks everyone for the pix of great quartz reps. I like them for all the reasons stated - especially that they don't wear out like automatics. I actually found a beautiful-looking Patek Phillipe quartz rep but I probably won't buy it because it's too beautiful - I'm kind of a nerdy guy and no one would accept me wearing an $80,000 watch - even me. It's too elegant for my poker game. But there are mid priced Tags and Tudors and Montblancs and I think I'm going to get that Jaeger Reverso because it's so little known that it won't attract skeptical attention.

keivoc123

Known Member
23/3/13

just got that same watch in the mail today from stan! Im gonna post a review about it tonight. So far, i cant stop looking at it XD

Jeryy

Looking Around
31/12/13
Thank you very much for the photos. I may actually buy the Hublot and the Reverso.

livefree

Renowned Member
28/11/12
Hey guys who are the go to TD's for qaurtz? I deal with Stan a lot and silix is known for his economy watched but who else? U never see quartz watches on their sites.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Daywatch;1705907 [COLOR=#d3d3d3 said:
HublotClassic Fusion Chronograph Racing Grey (no moving 2nd hand at all except the locked at 12 Chrono) under USD 150 from Kuvarsit (TD on RWG)
Its just changing dates, gen comes with white or black date-window, bracelet is exceptionally good with different sized screw-links
[/COLOR]
IMG_0938_zps1429c6fc.jpg

Not Gen-like Moonwatch for 128 USD from Toro; All subdials are wrong, nobody can tell on the wrist, I love it:)

IMG_0889_zps104b384d.jpg

Another "terrible" Quartz AP-Rep (Leo Messi) on the left, this one really exists, even in white, small seconds at 6´ it even is lumed,
does have some screw-in crowns for the chrono pushers (but it´s not a Daytona) and its thin;
the Swiss Auto on the right is the AP 15400 BP from Intime (an excellent feel - auto, just costs 235% more at usd 348,-)

IMG_0852_zps2e4d018e.jpg

TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300m Grande Date CAF101F.BA0821 QuartzSwiss Ronda for 239 USD plus shipping from Sead; This
looks and feels like Gen, the 1/10 second chrono at 6 actually sweeps for the first minute, than counts the hours, the
seconds at 3´tick (a little big for me) its available in black but had too many black watches already. Perfect lume, the best
for a quartz until now.

TAG_1002_zpsa971a07c.jpg

and something really nice and different: Jaeger-LeCoultre Squadra Reverso Chronograph Grey Graphite (128 USD from Intime).
The reversing movement works like a charm, the seconds hand a 6 is almost invisible at 1,3 mm length (or is it 1,7mm?)

jlc800_9573_zpsb850ca35.jpg

This post will make a hole in my pocket.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

Ibn_Hasaf

Renowned Member
26/6/11
Ideally we would have a sub-forum devoted to quartz models. I have no problem with quartz in the cases where the gen is quartz. IN fact, I have seen some reps of models that are quartz in gen but auto in the rep; quite frankly, that is just as silly as the other way around.

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
If it wasn't for the ticking, all my reps would be quartz

edusyl

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/8/09
2 week ago the ambulance took me to the hospital with a AAA wet, and in no time I was at the operating room, when They took my quartz watch ( a calibre the Cartier from Stan) I remember the surgeon teling the nurse " be carefull with that beautiful Cartier watch" That made me happy.

xpletiv

I'm Pretty Popular
3/3/10
Then they proceeded to raise your bill as it looked as though you could afford it. Ha!

xpletiv

I'm Pretty Popular
3/3/10
Ok, it's a good thing this is the Flame-free zone-here we go:where would one find a Panerai with a quartz? Especially one that doesn't have a sec hand, but with the small secs would be fine because of the size of the hand it would be hard to notice. Like a fiddy?

Or do they not make these because it would be thought of as sacrilegious?

I can find many models in quartz form, but not a Pam. Wouldn't this make sense to do? Plus, I don't take my watch off for anyone so who would know? Would I care?

How about a quartz transplant-in the least, would that be possible?

xpletiv

I'm Pretty Popular
3/3/10
So then, all if your watches have swiss movements.

Some of us can't afford all of that.

edusyl

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/8/09
I'M sorry but I'm don't agree. quartz watches are as good as mechanical watches they may not be exotic as they counterpart but they outperform them in acuracy. I own several quartz watches ( one of them is a special edition raymond waills) I also own a Rolex GMT from 1970 and I can tell You the accuracy of the quartz is much better than the mechanical one.
The latest quartz that I got is the Calibre the Cartier from Stan and yes if You look close enough You can tell is not real, but how many people are going to remove the watch from your wrist and look at it under a lupe.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
They are nothing but crap. The movement itself may keep good time . But the accuracy of the cases is deplorable. They are garbage watches for people who think $90 will buy them a good piece. You are kidding yourself. Crap is crap no matter how you dress it up.

Instead of buying 3-4 quartz turds. Save your money until you can get one nice accurate mechanical piece.