• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My Little advice for the new NOOB AP buyer

valante

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/13
Just sharing my 2 cents.

This happen back then when i can only buy 1 watch at a time and the choice have to be right and sure.

There’s no way i can make a wrong decision regarding the watch choice,

While they all look good.

you can’t spend 20K+ and then next week you said this watch it’s not for me.

So this is what i do.

I will find the Watch picture in the internet that i want, and then print it close to real size and then cut it and wear it like a lunatic,

Walking around the house all day and wearing it all night at home just try to get the feeling and idea of it.

with the one that I’m sinking in, then i will go to AD and get the gen.

This method, i feel very helpful as i have nowhere to ask, and i theres not much gen owner that have such a wide range collection, that can give me a good advice about which what which. and the collector that i know, they didnt even know the edition of the watch that they own.(one of them call Offshore Rhone Fusterie a Red blood AP)

So for new noob AP buyer, you guys can do one of this:
1.> search and Read all Old thread regarding the Edition and type that you want, this method is the best, because every good edition that available, must be a discussion about it. We are that anal, that we will bitch about watch every day. if there’s not many discussion about it, then probably it’s not worth our time to talk about it.

2.> You can also raise a questions, but remember, some of member didn’t like this and you will get attacked!
if this happen, just try to be humble and don’t take it personally
C:\Users\TINOVA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.png
, just think that this is something that you can do to new noob in the future once you already knowledgeable to release your office stress.

3.> You can buy several that you like straight away from TD ( come on!,you should know Whos the TD, this is something that very easy to browse). Wear it, feel it, and sell the one that you dont like in M2M, or sell and buy again.
You will lose some money, but hey its very satisfying.

4.> Or, you guys can try my method and hopefully you guys won’t make a wrong purchase.
but remember the print will lack of 3d dimensional effect and metal shine, but it’s very helpful for knowing the color and size of the piece, i seen to many guys buying too big or too small or to dark.

Yea thats my old method, hope this will help, and yes, please chime in and chat on how did you guys pick your baby.

yea, im abit insane regarding watch, but hey arent we?
C:\Users\TINOVA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.png
Here some old pics that i can find, bcak then im about to decide whether to buy gen safari or gen black theme.

i bought the safari at the end, but the baby replaced by panda.

Some pics that i can find from my Beloved Safari, i probably will buy gen or franken this baby in the future, its a nice piece, the rep have to many flaws out of the box.

Replace with this

diver replaced by rubberclad

replaced with

Matt_S

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/9/12
Haha! Genius/Madness!! But hey, if it works, it works!
:thumbsup:

andman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/11/13
Love the cut outs....... very amusing as well.... i guess it works as well... probably cause a few wives and gf´s to insist we see a shrink though....

I used to do cardboard cutouts with women....... but I have now upgraded to synthetic materials.....:p

valante

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/13
I used to do cardboard cutouts with women....... but I have now upgraded to synthetic materials.....:p

LOL.......

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
Why you dont post the pic of the cut outs not in ***what AP do you have on the wrist today?***
that would been really funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

valante

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/13
wkwkwkkw............i should hey..........

ok, off to that thread.

PecMan

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/09
ill give u 40 dollars for the pictues! lol

valante

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/13
ill give u 40 dollars for the pictues! lol

40 bucks for andman sexy girl cut outs or for my AP collections?

my AP collections surely worth more than that.......its a 1:1 genuinly printed from gen!

The DW is exactly like GEN! not like the market version thats not.

zero_deficit

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/12
NO WAYYYY.....................you seriously doing it mate.......?

So what did you try to find out? the size?

wkwkwk..............enjoy the beauty,

Yeah haha. These cut outs are only as good as how you measure it on your screen. The 42mm ROO seem to measure 43mm, so i'm not sure if I measured my 44mm correctly