• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ebay Scammer...check this idiot out

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
They are suggesting to track the number down from the TD and finding out who this guy is. I'm sure he has tried to sell others as well.

Um, what makes you think the dealer will:
A/ Give two hoots what the seller does his watch
and
B/ Would give up the guy's details?

Dealers are in business to sell watches not be a moral compass for the world.

Equally what makes you think it's someone here? 10s of 1000s of people not on the forums buy watches from our dealers. Even if we could "teach this guy a lesson" it wouldn't change anything and at any rate we should concern ourselves with what happens here, we ain't the International Scam Police. By all means report it to eBay, send an email to AP (who will be a lot more likely to act than eBay and when they complain eBay listens) but that's about all that can/should be done.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Good point of view Boss. Besides, like was said above, this scammer could be using anyone's pictures.

sanankid

I'm Pretty Popular
18/6/11
Look at his feedback, lots of watch sales prior could already have ripped many off...

andman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/11/13
little ****** has sold several high end watches at some serious prices......
highly unlikely that anything he is selling is genuine....

Despite coolrobs report the ad is still up there....
Will be reporting after this post , as should a few others as it seems it takes a few reports for ebay to act....

scammers are not deterred by whatever can be done to them on a forum..... it is a minor obstacle. they can still buy rep watches !
The best that can be done is make his scam sales more difficult by reporting them and getting them removed... assuming they are scam sales
i have just followed him on ebay and will check his sales from time to time...

boss7

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/12/13
It's a shame people making a mockery of the industry by profiting so highly on eBay. Hoping he is found out.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
If you want results from a report to eBay add the words "reported to <insert gen maker's name here>" makes all the difference especially if you do so.

M_I_R_A_C_L_E

Known Member
24/5/12
£9000 for the watch and £7 for the shipping... Anyone who trusts that needs a head transplant.

andman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/11/13
If you want results from a report to eBay add the words "reported to <insert gen maker's name here>" makes all the difference especially if you do so.
great advice for next time .... especially as ebay chose not to pull the auction
Noticed £7 postage what a rip when it can be sent uninsured 2nd class for half that !!!!:lol:

andman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/11/13
and finally the listing was removed.....

blueradish

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/07
Um, what makes you think the dealer will:
A/ Give two hoots what the seller does his watch
and
B/ Would give up the guy's details?

Dealers are in business to sell watches not be a moral compass for the world.

Equally what makes you think it's someone here? 10s of 1000s of people not on the forums buy watches from our dealers. Even if we could "teach this guy a lesson" it wouldn't change anything and at any rate we should concern ourselves with what happens here, we ain't the International Scam Police. By all means report it to eBay, send an email to AP (who will be a lot more likely to act than eBay and when they complain eBay listens) but that's about all that can/should be done.

+1