• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Another replica touted as real found on eBay

notional

Looking Around
20/1/14
Here's the item in question: http://www.ebay.com/itm/20102214908...kparms=gh1g=I201022149088.N7.S1.M1474.R1.TR10
When I sent the seller a question for better pictures and possibly a serial number, they didn't reply. I even called to ask about it, but mysteriously got cut off. Hmmmmm...so, when enlarging the photo of the back, I can definitely make out the standard replica serial number ending in 555.
I reported it to eBay, but there's still bidding going on. Hurts to see someone's going to get stuck with this thinking it's real.

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
Lots of wrist cheese on that watch.
I cant see serial numbers on it.
BTW Welcome to forum.

notional

Looking Around
20/1/14
Thanks. Been watching the forum for a while and finally decided to drop in.

chididdy

Known Member
1/6/12
the pearl on the gen should look just like that, a pearl. On the rep, it is just filled in with lume with no spherical shape to it. Additionally gen has a silver lining around the pearl. I have 2 of these, i know a rep when i see it! :p

Additionally, some people don't recognize it as a tell, but the silver screws on the dial are present on the rep (Black on Gen). Too much of a coincidence if you ask me... lowsy pearl and silver screws? :thinking:

notional

Looking Around
20/1/14
Good catch. I knew about the lume/pearl, but it just didn't click when I looked at it. (I don't own one, but would love to some day!). Report it to eBay yet? I just feel bad for those people bidding on it not knowing. I reported the earlier one to eBay already.