• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM243M Noob v3 under Microscope

zocker4711

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/3/13
Hi RWI Brothers and Sisters

It´s my again ;) the Crazy RWI Guy!
other People have Fun to look with there Binoculars on Neighbours Wife :D
and me?
Yeah i look my Beautys under the Microscope... haha

So now here is the other Round of the Magnify Session...
with the NEW PAM243M Noob v3

The PAM243M from Noob is the Actually New and Last Noob from 12/13 - 01/14
It called Noob v3

Dunno really why? Because it´s the same as the v2 ;)

So let us set somethings clear!

1. I do not want make any kind of watch bad here!
2. All the Stuff that you can see under a Microscope you can't Notice with the naked Eye (Mostley)
3. The Photos was made fast with an Iphone thru the Lense (Not with Professional Photo Adapter on the Microscope)
4. The Zoom is 200x/400x that is for the most People 10/20x more then the Normaly Occular Lense
5. The Watch wasn´t Disassembled! I made the Shots thru the Crystal of the Watch.

Ok let´s move on...

Here are one of the Beautyful and Best Rep in my Eyes!
I know the same i say´ed about the v2 :) but there is no really different in these both Versions.

So let us Start...
Here She is :) Wounderful! Soooooo nice! It´s a must for every PAM lover!

Ok let´s start with the @12 same as the v2 Review :)
We see no real differents btw the v2 and v3 all is very nice!

Go to the Surroundings of the Dots...
Here are also all is very well! Very nice Surroundings and the Lume is really good!

The Print of the Dial is nice as on v2
I´m not 100% sure, but i think the Print is now a little better.
But only for the look at Microscope not visible with the Naked eye.

Let´s take a closer look at x400
Yeah!!! Nice...

The rest is also nice :)

The Hands are same Quality as on v2

The @6 Lume and Print is Perfect!

SWISS MADE also

The Sub Dial...
Does it have or not? The Concentric Cycles :)
Yes it has... There is nothing changed on the Dial btw v2 and v3 !
Only what´s visible under Microscope is that there is now a little more Paint on the Sub Dial...
That makes the Feeling with Naked Eye that there isn´t any CC
NICE JOB NOOB !!!

Now x400 and we see more clear, but ehy impossible to see with Naked Eye

Let´s see the Case Stuff
The Marks on the Bezel are the same, nothing changed as they say´ed...
Or did you guyz see an different?

The Pearl
Yeah!!! I got an really nice exemplar... Really nice Work!
Look at this Beauty!

x400

Ok the CG Pin
Also same as v2

CG self... Same!

Caseback... Niceeee
This has changed in my Eyes, but only btw v2 1st Model with the L-Serial Caseback.
The L-Serial has nice deepth same as the M-Serial, but i think they had do an Paint Job on the old L-Serie
Not the M-Serie that looks really great.

Strap Release Button is on same place as the v2 and all is very very Nice

Now i shut down the Light and my Baby must hop into the Case to there Sisters ;)
Sleep well...

Thanks for looking Folks...

I hope you enjoy the little Tour?!

And feel free to give some Rep Points or not :D hehe

See you in the next Review...

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
Very nice analysis. Ale will certainly be adding this to the Pam Guide. Thanks for the great work!!!

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
Very nice analysis. Ale will certainly be adding this to the Pam Guide. Thanks for the great work!!! I also bought a so-called v3 and was impressed by the change in the subdial... yes, the concentric rings are still there (visible under a loupe) but are covered by the paint (just like the gen). One thing you didn't mention on the v3 is the updated crystal. I guess it isn't really an updated crystal but certainly and updated cyclops. My 343 does not have that nasty frozen halo and is very close to gen in all respects. My only niggle with this watch are the sharp ends of the lugs, which i sanded down a bit. I am not sure if the gen has those sharp ends, but it was irritating my wrist, so they had to be softened. :)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi zocker

I have to say: Congrats ¡

You have used an interesting tool to know many things about a rep

Of course we cannot use this tool to study acceptation of QC pics, but to know what is the crude realilty of some aspects of the construction that we cannot see under naked eye or macro pics.

I was also impressed by the quality of manufacture of Pam 243 Noob, because even the gen would show some flaws under this magnification, and Noob watch keeps perfectly the challenge.

As zocker says another interesting matter is that V2 and so-called “V3” are the same, just a commercial trick to increase price 60$

Maybe the only difference, in my opinion is the second subdial@9, which in new watch shows finer concentric circles and more covered by the paint. This is not a great improvement because previous batches with appropriate thickness of paint layer had no visible circles under naked eye, the same as gen.
In this regard I disagree with zocker because he consider that concentric circles were the same in two watches, but I think he needed to achieve 400X to see the circles in the new watch.
It is possible that a new watch with a thinner layer of pint show also more visible circles.

Inscription on dial and engravings on caseback really impressive, very gen-like appearance, even under max magnification.

Markers on bezel and REG-TM CG engravings are awesome too. I was astonished by their quality, sharpness and depth.

No differences regarding lume, just a bit more lumpy in new watch, but this will not
be visible. Lume in hands and markers is clean and well defined almost perfect

Pearl in old V2 had some flaws in lume application and pearl in new watch is really awesome in precision. But I have seen many old V2 pearls with this good quality too. And maybe other pearls of new watch will not be so perfect.

Pics show the lack of good chamfered edges in CG in both replicas. Bear in mind that V2 showed by zocker is a V2 L-series, therefore first V2 batches. Maybe M-series V2 have better chamfered edges, because I have seen pics of V2 with better chamfered edges (my V2 seems a medium chamfered quality). But being this chamfered made manually it will be hit and miss.

I would like to get some microscopic pis of the bezel knurling in several positions to get the comparison with the polemic bezel knurling of ZFac PAM 389.

Very nice experience and many thanks zocker to take the time making this fantastic study. We have got a new TOOL for reviews

Of course I have already included both thread PAM 243 Noob V2 and so-called “V3” in Pam GUIDE

ALE
Note: I will repeat this post in both review: PAM 243 Noob V2 and so-called “V3”

zocker4711

Banned
18/3/13
I have to Say many many Thanks to the Big Guru ALE for his Words :)
it's a really Pleasure for me!
Because i have read every Review of ALE

And i am happy and Lucky that so many People here like it ;)

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
I have to Say many many Thanks to the Big Guru ALE for his Words :)
it's a really Pleasure for me!
Because i have read every Review of ALE

And i am happy and Lucky that so many People here like it ;)

No discussion about the new Cyclops?

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk HD

zocker4711

Banned
18/3/13
I think there is no Big Discussion needed ;) Because ALE is in this Point right...
But i had Noob v2 M-Serial where i would Say it has the Same AR on Cyclop as the v3

I think they Changed the Coter ;)

But this process must be made btw the last v2 and the New v3

An Point for that will be the New AR on the AP Diver Cyclop, you can See that the Noob Factory have change it btw. AP Diver V3.5 and v4.1 and the last v4.1 was Released at the Same Time...

Maybe a Little more or less ;)

Rusell Price

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
21/11/13
LOL!! Amazing PICS!! Thanks for mostrate this marvelous rep of PAm. LOVE IT!!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11

Sorry, I didn't have seen your post before writing mine one

Yes, we would need to discuss about that, but we would need to have pics of V2 and "V3" to make comparisons

In order to inform everyone about this matter of cyclops, that set2374 is talking about, it is important to know previously some things:

1-The cyclops to magnify date is a lens glued in the crystal
2-The problem on cyclops are usually a frozen (white) halo in the contour of the lens.
3-This white halo is produced because the contour of the lens is not polished enough
4- It is possible to get improvements in cyclops frozen halo just polishing more carefully the contour of the lens.

Therefore if Noob has improved the polishing of the lens contour we will have got an improvement in this new batch of PAM 243 Noob

If zocker is able to take the pics for comparisons we could have the info about this matter

So, we remain waiting zocker info about possibilities

ALE

zocker4711

Banned
18/3/13
Say me what exactly is needed... And i will do ;)
but i can now only Shot Pics of the V3 Because the V2 is Sold and in the Post allready...

But i have a mass of Pics of it ;)

But only made with Cam and a few with Microscope

For the V3 it will be np it sit in my Box...

And i must Open the Watch so or so ;)

ganlinia

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/1/13
OMG! great shots! that really clears my doubts on the subdial.

from now on, i'm gonna request TD to shoot their QCs just like this. :lol:

mini169

2/9/13
how about the window of the date? Is it perfect? very detial photos, good job.:nana:

digital

17/12/13
Thanks for the amazing photos! This is definitely on the list of my PAMs to buy!

zocker4711

Banned
18/3/13
Ok here are some Addon Pics of the Cyclop

Here we see the the Cyclop from his Surrounding

SO-CALLED "V3"

SO-CALLED "V3"

Now we Zoom a little more to the Date Window
You can see a little light Blue AR on the Cyclop
SO-CALLED "V3"

Now back to the Lense self (Cyclop) and view of 45° around
SO-CALLED "V3"

And a Straight Pic with normaly Canon Cam, but with much Light on the Watch
You can see the Blueish AR again
SO-CALLED "V3"

SO-CALLED "V3"

And another Pic from the side...
What i have forgotten to say is, the CP is this Time really nice.
For me a little better as on the v2 but not soooo nice as on Gen. If you want it Perfect you must Polish them a little more...
The Gen has much more shine. But it is ok! you must think about the Watch didn´t get any Mod! It came so from the Factory...
SO-CALLED "V3"

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Thanks zocker for the pics
Many thanks for your kind cooperation. Really useful
So, it is clear that "V3" cyclops has still frozen halo and bluish AR. It is the same as V2
Please thoughts about this matter

I have added "V3" in your pics to identify them

Thanks
ALE