• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DenisSpa WTF

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
giphy.gif

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
Sorry guys, trying to catch on some much needed sleep. WU payment for the AP has been made (waiting for Ryan to confirm receipt) and remaining watches shipped (waiting on promised tracking number). Let's hope I get both and that everything arrives safe in CN.
That is good news.

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
Sorry guys, trying to catch on some much needed sleep. WU payment for the AP has been made (waiting for Ryan to confirm receipt) and remaining watches shipped (waiting on promised tracking number). Let's hope I get both and that everything arrives safe in CN.
Thanks Boss,,,,I'm glad Ryan is getting everything back,,,,if everything works out it will be another successful job done by are forum Mods And Admid's,,,,and the other members here that worked in conjunction with the team!
Thats why this place is awesome! And I feel proud and privileged to be part of this great forum!,,,Good job guys!

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
When this case gets all wrapped up it will have been like a religious experience. :courage:

Haha good one.
giphy.gif

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
I've been away from this for a couple of days and just caught up reading the whole thing.

Initially I was mad that such a respected member went 'rogue' as, in my opinion, this whole place functions on trust and we need that with established members at the very least!

When Denis came back with his explanation I didn't smell a rat, and felt bad for the guy and for our behaviour towards him, until people asked questions about his changed email addresses, social media passwords, etc., which never got properly explained.

I for one now view this whole thread as a mini-community seeking and getting justice for one of its own who has been wronged.

In a weird way I actually feel safer here now than ever as this has gone a small way to deomstrating to me (not that a demonstration was needed) how much hard work the Mods and Admin put in behind the scenes on a daily basis.

For those who are critical of how this has been handled, next time just don't read the thread, for those who don't think extreme enough measures have been taken, please put more faith in those here who know what they're doing and how to get the results the community needs. Finally, for anyone who thinks they are so clever they can rip someone off with an 'amazing' scam, please let this thread be a warning to you, it isn't big or clever and won't be tolerated.

carlton

2/10/11
Is shipping back to China usually a guarantee? I thought I read some members having issues shipping back. Either never received or months after.

I have lots of issue for the past half year trying to send something back to China, package stuck for a month before it is delivered, package return back to me without any attempt delivery. It doesn't helps also when currently is the CNY period and I guess there will be plenty of overdue package to be send even after CNY, so I think it will at least take weeks or even months before this case can come to an end.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Denis has been told if it does not turn up it's on his head.
Understandably the TD decided that this was his best chance of seeing anything out of this mess.
I would rather have held out for payment but that is not my decision to make and it's not my monies at stake.

DRBAFC

Renowned Member
23/3/12
In that case, it's a big gamble for Denis to take if there's problem with transit.

It would have been logical if he just sent the TD payment for all those watches he received and be done with it.... unless he didn't really want them in the first place.

chaw6125

Renowned Member
14/6/12
It would have been nice if he could send them in CONUS tracked overnight to a mod/admin based in the US to ship back to Ryan. At least we would know it was even sent.

It could still get lost in China's postal system but at least Ryan would know it was on its way. A tracking number is easy enough to hand over as a false one and say it was lost by the courier.

The biggest downfall to this idea is that the alleged scammer would have a name and address of a mod/admin and might try something even more stupid.

carlton

2/10/11
I would rather have held out for payment but that is not my decision to make and it's not my monies at stake.

+1 on this, more straightforward way and lesser risk to put it to an end.

In that case, it's a big gamble for Denis to take if there's problem with transit.

It would have been logical if he just sent the TD payment for all those watches he received and be done with it.... unless he didn't really want them in the first place.

Honestly I wouldn't be bother whether it is a big gamble for him to take or not, he create this mess so he gotta solve it by doing whatever he can. I believe the case would be like most have said before, he purchase watches worth 2k thinking that he can recoup most of it back by selling his 1680 but in the end it does not went smoothly for him so sending those watches back is the only way he can do.

Hopefully everything goes smoothly, TD get his watches back in good condition and then case close and move on.

coop

OG member in the Lou
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
St. Louis
I see it the other way, bmw -- this is why we need a way to certify trusted buyers. A TD just got scammed again.

Long time member != trusted buyer
Trust needs to be earned with satisfactory transactions (ie exchange of money), not # posts or popularity with other members.

This is how the financial industry does business; it can work for us too.

Doing nothing different seems to be a bad idea.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

we've tried and talked about different ways to do this over the years, haven't ever come up with a good solution.

Coop

Z3BR4

Renowned Member
16/5/12
What happens if US customs nabs these watches on the way back?

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
What happens if US customs nabs these watches on the way back?
I wish those watches were sent to one of the mods or admins and then raffled of for funds which could have been sent to Ryan. If those watches get seized by customs, Denis be in trouble again. It will take a while for thisfshit to get resolved.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
I wish those watches were sent to one of the mods or admins and then raffled of for funds which could have been sent to Ryan. If those watches get seized by customs, Denis be in trouble again. It will take a while for thisfshit to get resolved.
Good idea, but raffling three expensive Hublots? :thinking:

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
Good idea, but raffling three expensive Hublots? :thinking:
I am sure we can pull it off. We have enough members here and i am sure there are enough people who would gamble to win someting(me being one of them). It would bring all the funds, Ryan gets his money, Denis gets out of this thing, no risk of loosing watches in transit and while we are at it, we can raise funds for RWI. Win, win, win and win.

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
It would have been nice if he could send them in CONUS tracked overnight to a mod/admin based in the US to ship back to Ryan. At least we would know it was even sent.

It could still get lost in China's postal system but at least Ryan would know it was on its way. A tracking number is easy enough to hand over as a false one and say it was lost by the courier.

The biggest downfall to this idea is that the alleged scammer would have a name and address of a mod/admin and might try something even more stupid.
I think that is a great ideal,,,,At least they would know if he sent the watches or not! Doing it this way!,,,,is not going to end well,,,I don't think!,,,,,,,,and at this point ,,,,I don't think he would try to pull anything,,,,They are to much at stake for him!

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
I am sure we can pull it off. We have enough members here and i am sure there are enough people who would gamble to win someting(me being one of them). It would bring all the funds, Ryan gets his money, Denis gets out of this thing, no risk of loosing watches in transit and while we are at it, we can raise funds for RWI. Win, win, win and win.
Sounds good,,,if we could get enough members involved,,,,I think they would be a lot of members get involved,,,,been a lot of members follow this thread!

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
Not just raffle, staff can also sell it in m2m. I think that would be easier. High end reps get sold fast anyways. I know its hassle but that would be the quickest way to resolve this issue.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
No guys, not happening. It's not up to us. The TD has agreed to a return and so shall it be.