• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM243L Noob v2 under Microscope

zocker4711

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/3/13
Hi RWI Brothers and Sisters

So now here we have Round 3,4,5 i dunno anymore of the Magnify Session...

What we have Today?

We had some good and some Bad Macroshots...
So this Time we have one of the nice Quality Rep shots :)

The PAM243L from Noob was one of the 1st v2

So let us set somethings clear!

1. I do not want make any kind of watch bad here!
2. All the Stuff that you can see under a Microscope you can't Notice with the naked Eye (Mostley)
3. The Photos was made fast with an Iphone thru the Lense (Not with Professional Photo Adapter on the Microscope)
4. The Zoom is 200x/400x that is for the most People 10/20x more then the Normaly Occular Lense
5. The Watch wasn´t Disassembled! I made the Shots thru the Crystal of the Watch.

Ok let´s move on...

Here are one of the Beautyful and Best Rep in my Eyes!
The PAM243

So let us Start...
Here She is :)

So let us take a look @12 very nice an Accurate Lume :)

Look at this nice Rim :) Nice nice nice! And the Lume is really nice.

The Print on the Dial is really nice! Nice and Clean

The Sub Dial, all say there is No Concentric Cycles on the Noob v2 or v3 but you see :) It has CC, but you can´t spot with the Naked Eye because they are good Filled with Paint. (Don´t forget it´s x200)

Another part of the Print ;) also nice

And the @6 yeah really nice too... The SWISS MADE is really nice too

The Hands are nice Cuted no Ugly stuff on it

Magnifer and x200 Maginfer LOL

The Engrave of the Dots are really good

The Pearl has a little much Lume on the Surroundings but that will be np to clean.

Ghost Time... :) Nice LumiNova

The Dot

@12

Pearl

That are an nice Shot of the Hands :)

@6

And now she glow in the Dark

The Shape of the engravinf on the Backcase is really great. Very nice and Accurate

The CG Pin nice

The Engravings on the CG self are nice too

And now the last 3 Pics ;)

Thanks it Folks...

I hope you enjoy the little Tour?!

And feel free to give some Rep Points or not :D hehe

See you in the next Review...

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
Thanks for sharing this mate. I'm planning 243 for a long time but my only problem is too many watches on a wish list... :D

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Another great Macro shot review thanks for taking the time to share what ya got planned next?

Sent from my iPhone 5s Using TapaTalk2 S???R?I?????

zocker4711

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/3/13
It´s allready on Sharkey ;)

AP Diver was Requested... I must make the v4.1 as next for Comparsion the v3.5 Relumed is up

Erwinv

Horology Curious
19/12/13
thnx for the tour, i am waiting for mine to arrive, but this helps a lot killing time, can wait for it to get it in on my wrist

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi zocker

I have to say: Congrats ¡

You have used an interesting tool to know many things about a rep

Of course we cannot use this tool to study acceptation of QC pics, but to know what is the crude realilty of some aspects of the construction that we cannot see under naked eye or macro pics.

I was also impressed by the quality of manufacture of Pam 243 Noob, because even the gen would show some flaws under this magnification, and Noob watch keeps perfectly the challenge.

As zocker says another interesting matter is that V2 and so-called “V3” are the same, just a commercial trick to increase price 60$

Maybe the only difference, in my opinion is the second subdial@9, which in new watch shows finer concentric circles and more covered by the paint. This is not a great improvement because previous batches with appropriate thickness of paint layer had no visible circles under naked eye, the same as gen.
In this regard I disagree with zocker because he consider that concentric circles were the same in two watches, but I think he needed to achieve 400X to see the circles in the new watch.
It is possible that a new watch with a thinner layer of pint show also more visible circles.

Inscription on dial and engravings on caseback really impressive, very gen-like appearance, even under max magnification.

Markers on bezel and REG-TM CG engravings are awesome too. I was astonished by their quality, sharpness and depth.

No differences regarding lume, just a bit more lumpy in new watch, but this will not
be visible. Lume in hands and markers is clean and well defined almost perfect

Pearl in old V2 had some flaws in lume application and pearl in new watch is really awesome in precision. But I have seen many old V2 pearls with this good quality too. And maybe other pearls of new watch will not be so perfect.

Pics show the lack of good chamfered edges in CG in both replicas. Bear in mind that V2 showed by zocker is a V2 L-series, therefore first V2 batches. Maybe M-series V2 have better chamfered edges, because I have seen pics of V2 with better chamfered edges (my V2 seems a medium chamfered quality). But being this chamfered made manually it will be hit and miss.

I would like to get some microscopic pis of the bezel knurling in several positions to get the comparison with the polemic bezel knurling of ZFac PAM 389.

Very nice experience and many thanks zocker to take the time making this fantastic study. We have got a new TOOL for reviews

Of course I have already included both thread PAM 243 Noob V2 and so-called “V3” in Pam GUIDE

ALE
Note: I will repeat this post in both review: PAM 243 Noob V2 and so-called “V3”

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Great work, thanks for sharing!