• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Reviewing Puretime GMT-Master II 116710 LN with Correct Hand Stack

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Agreed. If you plan on actually using the GMT function I wouldn't get the CHS version. It's not very reliable and the GMT hand has a tendency to wander. I'd be surprised that the CHS is actually still available.

That's the one watch that I would recommend the A21j model as it's the only one that uses an actual GMT movement. The ETA/clones have a couple of extra Chinese gears attached to 2836 movement.

madcatlancelot

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/08
I wanted to order this previously from Angus (Puretime), I was told it's no longer available.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Yeah, I have had a few of the A2836's with the ICHS and they can be problematic. The A21j's are better. Having said that, I do have an EXP2 with the 2836 ICHS that is running flawlessly. I would imagine it's pure luck of the draw with either 2836. Maybe the ratio of good and bad has a lower success with the CHS models. I sure wish they would rep the actual Rolex movement for the GMT.

GFlansburg

Renowned Member
29/12/11
Agreed. If you plan on actually using the GMT function I wouldn't get the CHS version. It's not very reliable and the GMT hand has a tendency to wander. I'd be surprised that the CHS is actually still available.

That's the one watch that I would recommend the A21j model as it's the only one that uses an actual GMT movement. The ETA/clones have a couple of extra Chinese gears attached to 2836 movement.

How have i yet to come across this information before! Thanks KBH, and R2.

Sofacleez

Known Member
11/5/09
I have a 21j GMTII C bought from WBK about a year and a half ago. Has been just fine, ran a bit fast initially, did the regulation myself over a few days and its still running smoothly albeit about +10 secs / day - close enough for me.
Ken

ryanwayer

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
Supporter
9/1/12
Who has the best GMT-Master II?
At the moment I believe No..
The Correct Hand Stack version also has a wrong position of the Crown , So if me, I would rather to choose the noob version, Their dial is better imho.

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
FYI Bonesey just finished the GMT Wiki page....read ALL about ICHS and CHS there