• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Thank paypal gift is safe? think again

cwazy1

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/2/12
Think paypal gift is safe? think again

Its not safe. If you accept a payment via gift, they can still make a claim out of it.

All they have to do is to claim that it was an unauthorized payment and that someone had unauthorized access to their paypal and the dispute will be opened.

Just a heads up. I had a buyer do this, but luckily he was not trying to scam. Still f'd up though.

cwazy1

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/2/12
he said that the winding mechanism didnt work. I just refunded him 60$ to get it sorted on his side and he cancelled the dispute.

still annoying.

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
Wow!
People will do anything!

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Thats dirty.............

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Send me his details please cwazy

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
It's getting the way where you can only deal with people you know only.

Sent from 1:1 app mad with a gen Tapatalk as sample.

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
I'm telling you we should start a list of these asshats so everyone know who they are!

NCchef

Banned
6/10/13
I had this recently as well on another forum. Instead of contacting me he just a dispute and effed up my paypal for a week. Now I have to wait 21 days before I can have access to funds each time I do a transaction. What a dick.

oratempus

I'm Pretty Popular
9/5/12
SAd story Cwazy....

Each time I read something like this I realize how lucky I 'm not been fooled yet.

We should make a kind of proposing, each new member has to be sponsored by 2 other members to be able to use paypal. Unless we do like our TDs, and only accept WU...

HerrOberst

26/9/13
I just don't understand how people are so stupid, we belong to a forum of somewhat like-minded individuals who have 'found each other' due to an interest in reps. Why try to mess things up by acting like a mental case when something doesn't go 100% your way. This forum is the best and safest way to be involved in this type of hobby, why try to mess it up. The issue mentioned by OP should never happen and he seemed to take care of it from his end in a very professional manner. Maybe we should consider "VIP" membership as some type of requisite to being able to sell and trade? I'm not sure of the ultimate answer but I do know that I appreciate this forum and the good people here. I haven't had any problems but I've only dealt with TD's here. I haven't dealt with any M2M sales yet. I know I don't have a lot of posts but it's just my two cents worth.

D

d4m.test

People act like dicks and start PP disputes all the time. Doesn't matter if they're noobs or long standing members. If you want to protect yourself, the only way to do it is to act like a scammer as well. I won't post specifics of course. Lol. But generally speaking, selling with a PayPal account that's completely separate from your primary account is a good idea.

Or just deal with people that have good reputations. That will keep you 95% safe.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk 2

D

d4m.test

I was looking at another forum post about Panerai pre-v cases made by a highly regarded Member there since 2008. I remembered that guy filed a PayPal dispute on RWI (!!!) last year because he didn't win a $20 raffle contest!!! I think he was a Panerai advisor here too. It's mind blowing.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk 2

P4GTR

Banned
9/9/07
You know, I must be an Ebay and paypal member for 10 years now. The other day, I sold something on Ebay for the first time in a while. Long enough to forget why I dont:

Ebay rams my ass with fees.
Paypal rams my ass with fees.

Then, they have the balls to hold whats left of the little money....for 21 days. 10 years as a customer, and I can't be trusted with $100? That's insulting.

Ebay and PP are broken. The best option for this hobby is an alternative.