• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How do I Make my Rolex Clasp Fasten Tighter?

• Thread starter d4m.test
  • Start date
D

d4m.test

Hi, Gang!

Briefly, the clasp on my Rolex DateJust II does not snap tight when I close it; when closed, it's too loose and suddenly pops open when wearing the watch. I checked the "Tutorial" section several times using the SEARCH function but to no avail. I'd apprciate some advice here. Below are some pics of said Rolex clasp.

dave:

Pics:

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
Does it actually close properly, is then loose and 'rattles' open, or does it not really close properly and then 'springs' open?

The latter is generally easier to sort out with a bit of file work, but the former can often be fixed with a bit of gentle and precision persuasion!

From your description, I'd start by squeezing the sides of flip-lock tight so it locks over the clasp to see if that does the trick. If not, you're looking at trying to tighten the interference fit of the clasp of its mating half.

Kleen

I'm Pretty Popular
13/3/13
ALEX: There is no flip-lock on this model...

Just sligthly bend the slim half (last pic) of the bracelet to have a bit more curve. Done!

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
Sorry, my bad, it looked like it in the first picture.

Other than vintage bracelets, I've not had a Rolex bracelet without one.

Everyday is a school day here!

Kleen

I'm Pretty Popular
13/3/13
Sorry, my bad, it looked like it in the first picture.

Other than vintage bracelets, I've not had a Rolex bracelet without one.

Everyday is a school day here!

:)
There's quite a few of my newer ones (Milgauss, Exp, DD) that don't have the flip-lock: All of my Rollie 'toolwatches' have them, tho'...

D

d4m.test

Thanks, gents, for the tips. I'll try your suggestions, and let you

know what happened.

dave

D

d4m.test

To Alex and Kleen, THANKS!! It worked quite well! I pinched the sides of the clasp, and now it's more firm when closed.

This is why RWI is THE BEST of the rep sites!

dave ;)

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
Glad it worked for you. I always find that if you're careful, reps are pretty forgiving to work on, so don't be afraid to experiment to improve them.

cheers

D

d4m.test

Thanks for the words of encouragement, Alex.

dave

Glad it worked for you. I always find that if you're careful, reps are pretty forgiving to work on, so don't be afraid to experiment to improve them.

cheers

cnwh

27/10/13
To Alex and Kleen, THANKS!! It worked quite well! I pinched the sides of the clasp, and now it's more firm when closed.

This is why RWI is THE BEST of the rep sites!

dave ;)

It works by pinching?

Sometimes I had to use a plyer to tighten some clasps that fall loose.

D

d4m.test

Yepper, cnwh! I used a pair myself (over a piece of cloth so I wouldn't damage the finish. It works. Amazing, isn't it?

dave

It works by pinching?

Sometimes I had to use a plyer to tighten some clasps that fall loose.

Kleen

I'm Pretty Popular
13/3/13
Yepper, cnwh! I used a pair myself (over a piece of cloth so I wouldn't damage the finish. It works. Amazing, isn't it?

dave

But really; the pinching is not neccessary. Slightly bending the engaging part of the clasp is all it takes...