• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Genuine PO vs CrPO bezel comparison shots

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I have been asked via many pms about the interchangeability of these bezels.

So since i had both of them in my hands i though to take a few shots for you. Both of them are genuine and for the 45.5mm planet ocean models.

Here we go

Front

Back

Outer diameter

Inner diameter

Insert diameter

Thickness

Side by side

benjo1020

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/8/13
Great comparison. Really solved my confusion over that. Thank you

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
Thanks Pap, that comparison was really helpful! Now what we would need is the case (or bezel) construction of the CR PO rep, if it is similar to genuine.

As UPO is not gen construction, you cannot install a CR PO bezel into it without modifications (same as with normal PO XL genuine bezel).

Thickness difference between rep CR PO and UPO crystals is similar to difference in their bezels.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Yes, too bad i don't have a CrUPO i would definitely try to see whats under there...

I haven't seen also pics of the back of the rep CrUPO bezel, i would to see how close to the real deal is.

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
Ok boys, Below are the same measurements below of the Omega CRPO 45.5 from Noob. And a pleasant surprise at the end.....

Click spring resembles that of a Gen. SMP.

Next to Gen UPO assembly with Rep Insert. As you know the Gen Bezel assembly does not fit the UPO, but the Insert can be shaved and modified.

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
Gen. 2250 AKA UPO bezel assembly pops right on. It is not extremely tight, but works.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Hmm, so the gen C bezel should fit the old gen PO by the looks of that. Cheap way to upgrade the gen!

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
Man that is why they pay you the big bucks!! That would have been a brilliant move by Omega. Folks can upgrade the older 45.5 to a ceramic with new bezel insert. I bet it fits!!

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Very very interesting! Thanks for sharing!!!