• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My TC V5 (before)

bht0504

28/9/13
For some reason I couldn't figure out how to upload and pics so here's a link to my photo bucket library.

http://s901.photobucket.com/user/bht0504ht0504/library/

This is my TC V5 w/ vintage insert before any modifications. Overall, I am very happy with the watch. I thought everything looked pretty good. The only things I noticed is the dial was slightly off center as well as the pearl on the insert. Everything else looked great though. I will also be doing an "after" thread when the watch is complete with a gen dial, insert, crystal, crown, hands, date disc, and Clark's bezel assembly. I'm also switching out to a fully serviced Y3135 movement. I decided to go with the Y3135 so no modifications had to be performed on the gen dial and so I could also add gen hands and a gen date disc. I am not performing the work myself. I have a modder who specializes in servicing Y3135's and strongly believes they are just as good as the real thing with the proper maintenance done. We are currently waiting on the hands and date disc to arrive so we can finish the project. Hopefully I'll figure out how to post pics by then so I can share with you guys. I want to thank you guys for supplying my with the wisdom and knowledge to even get this project started. This is a great site and I have learned a lot from it.
Thank you,
Bht

Sam1977

I'm Pretty Popular
17/6/13
very cool man. I am working on a similar project minus the gen dial and hands. nice touch there for sure.

benjji

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/13
good! highest regard for you :notworthy:

please answer these two questions

- How much cost gen hands for 166 ? are these news ?

- What do you know about Y3135 movem. do you think it is reliable?

(I thought yuki3135 dont accept gen hands) ..

I would like to do the same job just because I love gen hands, but all advise against 3135

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.

I would like to do the same job just because I love gen hands, but all advise against 3135

I fitted gen hands to a yuki long ago with no issue. See my review under user watcher on rwg.

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06

To post the pics, look on the right side where it says 'Links to Share' and click on the bottom one- IMG- and it will pop up copied and then you paste it here with your post- right click and hit paste.

watch looks good, btw

bht0504

28/9/13
Nice. Is that a spare gen or KH dial?

Gen. I'm not sure exactly what series it is from but the closest I've seen was on a 2005 F series. I throw a couple close-up pics and you can let me know what you think.

bht0504

28/9/13

I paid $240 for the gen hands on TRF. They should fit perfectly on the Y3135. I have read this movement can be unreliable but my modder swears by them after a good servicing and has spare parts for repairs. He gets them in pretty frequently. Not sure how exactly but it happens.

bht0504

28/9/13
How long before you add a gen bracelet :)?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

I'd love a gen bracelet but that would put me in the "shoulda bought a gen" range. And I'm already creeping up on the range very quick. I believe I read somewhere that the TC case won't take a gen bracelet but I'm not sure about that.

bht0504

28/9/13
je3yru6y.jpg

bht0504

28/9/13
Thanks for the photo tips. The top pic is the Y3135 and then the gen dial below.

bht0504

28/9/13
I feel like the E in Oyster is farther over then a lot of dials I've seen. I did see a few 2005 F series that looked very similar. Hopefully Arcadia can tell us something about it.

sanankid

I'm Pretty Popular
18/6/11
I'd love a gen bracelet but that would put me in the "shoulda bought a gen" range. And I'm already creeping up on the range very quick. I believe I read somewhere that the TC case won't take a gen bracelet but I'm not sure about that.
You'll be pissed with the sel fit, don't waste the money

rsh

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/4/10
Agree with sanan, I think the SEL fit would be less than ideal