• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling Chronomat B01 v1 - v2 comparison

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
THE BREITLING CHRONOMAT B01 v2 (really?)

Model: Breitling Chronomat B01
Movement: A7750 @ 28,800
Maker: unknown
Dealer: Hont

In this mini review I will try to point out some differences between v1, that you might consider older but isn't, and v2 which is the one I got in my latest deal with Hont.
I never heard of misleading version numbers on the B01 before, so when I ordered the B01 I simply choose what seemed the latest version. Here's what I found inspecting my photoshoot, info confirmed after a deeper search on this thread http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=52205.
Hopefully these infos will help a fellow member interested in this watch.

THE FACE:

v1

Breitling_2011_12_25_25_02_enl.jpg

v2

IMG_20140105_113851.jpg

Hands are in the way, but as you can see we have:

1. Different font in the date wheel (v1 is correct)
2. Different color of the word automatic (v2 has the correct red color seen in current B01 gens, I don't know if older versions had it white)
3. Different color of pearl, Gen is whiter so v1 is correct
4. The crown doesn't screw in completely in v2, it does in v1
5. Subdials hands are thinner in v1, as per Gen.
6. Last but not least, as you can see in the macro, the word CERTIFIE is misspelled in v2, this deserves a huge :facepalm:

THE CLASP:

V1

V2
DSCN0353.jpg

1. V1 has the correct raised wings logo
2. The engraving is far better in v1

All in all the v2 clasp feels quite cheap, though at least it closes well :)

Apart from what stated above, bracelet, bezel and casing seem the same, sunken datewheel included ;), at least to me.
In the end this v2 is a pretty nice and solid watch with the steel roman numbers on the dial catching the light in an amazing way, the bracelet is shiny and comfy too, the bezel turns with crisp clicks and the chrono pushers must be unscrewed just like in the Daytonas, it is just odd that what should be the newest version is worse than the previous in so many details... I guess you live and learn ;)

Well, after debating the flaws of this v2, let's move on to some pics showing the love it deserves, after all as I always say it's a rep and I enjoy it for what it is :)

As always, if you feel there's something you want to add, feel free to it point out and I will update first post accordingly.

:cheers:

rek0001

1/1/13
Thanks much for your review, I'm thinking of getting one, this helps.

A few questions if I may, please:
is this watch top heavy, is the case heavy compared to the bracelet? I have an Avenger and the case is so heavy, making the bracelet cut into the back of my wrist, almost unwearable.
Also, I have a 6.5" wrist, and have an Evolution in my collection. Pretty big on my wrist but OK, would the B 01 wear about the same size?

Thanks again, and enjoy your B 01, gorgeous watch.

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
I'm glad you found this useful :)

The watch is pretty big, but due to its shape it seems thinner than my skyland avenger. I don't have a chronomat evo to compare with though.
It is heavy too, as much as the skyland again. My wrist is 6.75 and I feel both bracelets are comfortable. Possibly the B01 bracelet, being composed of many bits, is a bit smoother.
Anyway if you find the bracelet uncomfortable, you can always change with a nice leather strap. I've seen some pics of it on leather and looks pretty good!
Happy hunting :)

Inviato dal mio chagall utilizzando Tapatalk

Lenny

I'm Pretty Popular
28/8/11
These are fantastic reps - the v3 was my first ever rep 2.5 years and ago and I still have it - going like an absolute trooper

Buddhabar

I'm Pretty Popular
20/8/13
Sardinia Island
Dear Kilowatt.

Surprising your acuteness in detecting the differences in the versions of the Breitling.
This shows that you are a lover of this beautiful jewel.
Do I make you my compliments for both pictures (almost proffessional) that the explanation for the differences.
Personally I'm not fond of Breitling, but this has definitely had a particular fascination with Roman indices which are raised with respect to the dial, as well as the accuracy of the crown with programmable keys.

Bravo my dear friend. This post deserves full marks.

+1 Buddhabar

bonesy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/4/14
Exellent review and pics on the chronomat B01 (onyx black with sticks for me), always loved this watch thing is can't decide which to go for, like the Super Ocean abyss(chrono yellow and red) also skyland avenger would get all 3 but Mrs wont be to happy. Once again thanks, back to more reviews.

Lefty83g

thamks so much for this review I was set on a navitimer till I went to the ad and fell in love with the exact model . and just to clarify would you say all things considered that the v1 is better?

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
V1 is def better than v2 in almost every aspect.
Anyway there's a v3 which should be selling currently, check here.
My suggestion anyway is you check carefully your QC pics on this and look if there is the misspelling in the word CERTIFIE, that's by far the biggest tell :)

roberrol

8/9/14
Is the V1 in this review a blue face and if so which blue is it, please?

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
The v1 showed above is black.
Current version should be v3, afaik :)

roberrol

8/9/14
Black wow, looks blue....and i really like the blue too...i am being steered towards buying the V1....

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Check the trusted dealers section and pic the one of your choice mate :)