• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

27/22 Assolutamente on Paneristi

VladARt

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/11/13
Looks like chinese rep to me.
The stitches are always ideal in gen. And buckle without engravings looks suspicious on a OEM asso.

The strap itself looks pretty good though.

karesz501

I'm Pretty Popular
10/8/10
European Union
I thought exactly the same, but I'm no expert of the various asso straps... All I know is that they are damn good!
Let's see if some of the experts, maybe traders chime in.

Aza

Renowned Member
26/12/10
What makes these Asso straps so good then?
I've been out of the rep game for a few years, and I don't recall hearing about them back then.

karesz501

I'm Pretty Popular
10/8/10
European Union
What makes these Asso straps so good then?
I've been out of the rep game for a few years, and I don't recall hearing about them back then.

Its a relatively new strap line of Panerai, they are well balanced between classy and vintage look, and the patina they develop is AMAZING. But only the gens, they are one of the best straps of the OEM line (for my taste, of course!).
Give a try to a rep, they sell for usd 30-40, you can get one with branded buckle for usd 50 even. No brainer. And they practically match most of the watches.

The only drawback is that they are not special at all and custom made....

TimeWillTell

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
Hi Guys,

I'm on a hunt for a nice Radiomir strap, preferably OEM and found this over on risti. Do you think its legit? I can't tell the difference but its very similar to my rep 24/22 asso...
its gen...if its rep, there will be whole lot of cybercops at p.com calling it out a rep.

Looks like chinese rep to me.
The stitches are always ideal in gen. And buckle without engravings looks suspicious on a OEM asso.

The strap itself looks pretty good though.
op already mentioned its a generic buckle, and an option with or without it for 15 dollars...

karesz501

I'm Pretty Popular
10/8/10
European Union
its gen...if its rep, there will be whole lot of cybercops at p.com calling it out a rep.

Thanks John, this means it looks as gen? I want to pick one up for my incoming 388 from you ;-)

edit: this means that the asso I got from you is fkn damn close to the real deal! :))))

TimeWillTell

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
Hi Guys,

I'm on a hunt for a nice Radiomir strap, preferably OEM and found this over on risti. Do you think its legit? I can't tell the difference but its very similar to my rep 24/22 asso...

Thanks John, this means it looks as gen? I want to pick one up for my incoming 388 from you ;-)

1. edit: this means that the asso I got from you is fkn damn close to the real deal! :))))
it is gen Karesz...rep straps are not as fair as in tonality. And its stitching i could tell it's gen, and the underneath stamp too crisp to be rep....reps are a little puffier on the underside. (but this maybe batch variation, some not so puffy) Reps stitch thread is not as durable to last...unfortunately.

If you like quality straps, invest in an oem straps...and yes, i afraid only oem patina gracefully.

J.

karesz501

I'm Pretty Popular
10/8/10
European Union
it is gen Karesz...rep straps are not as fair as in tonality. And its stitching i could tell it's gen, and the underneath stamp too crisp to be rep....reps are a little puffier on the underside. (but this maybe batch variation, some not so puffy) Reps stitch thread is not as durable to last...unfortunately.

If you like quality straps, invest in an oem straps...and yes, i afraid only oem patina gracefully.

J.

Thanks for the claification John, as you can see I'm already on a hunt for an OEM asso for my Radiomirs (232, 288, 388 on the way).

Take a look at the buckle screw.
Doesn't look pretty good.

The guy on paneristi already wrote that the buckle, hence the screw neither, is not genuine but an aftermarket. That does not mean anything.

subaruski

8/12/13
Does anyone make a 27/22 rep in the darker vintage color with pvd buckle?