• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

V3 Ap Fc Diver Bezel problem

kulubot

28/6/13
So I just received my v3 ap fc diver from puretime today, and shes a beauty!
As I was trying to turn the bezel via the crown at 10, I can feel the gear inside slipping, so in effect the bezel was not turning.

My question is, to those who have disassembled their ap divers, is this an easy fix? Are there any special tools required?
As much as possible I don't want to send it back to china because I dont want the additional headache if I can help it.

OSX

Renowned Member
19/12/10
I just got some QC from PT and asked them to double check the rotating bezel works fine.
That's pain to have to an issue with a sensitive part of the watch.

D

d4m.test

You need to take out the movement to see and/or access the gears for the bezel assembly. Are you comfortable with that?

Does it work better or worse when you are pulling out the crown while turning?

Not sure if it's an easy fix, but it's a simple looking mechanism.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
I just got some QC from PT and asked them to double check the rotating bezel works fine.
That's pain to have to an issue with a sensitive part of the watch.

Sure..... You don't have saw the QC's pics ?
Before approve you could see very good the pics.
Now I don't know how do , maybe send a mail to Angus.

Junio M.

?? Sent with IPad Air and Tapatalk Pro ??

OSX

Renowned Member
19/12/10
Of course you should send angus an email. He's a pro and will advise better than anyone else on the forum.

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
Of course you should send angus an email. He's a pro and will advise better than anyone else on the forum.

Like I've wrote , too right.
Angus must reply and find a solution.
Ok , maybe this mate don't have sew good the pics , but I suppose that Angus have a Check Control like Ryan.
And this flaw is too much visible.

Junio M.

?? Sent with IPad Air and Tapatalk Pro ??

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
The gear for the inner bezel is largely kept on its stem by compression against the side of the movement. It is possible for the gear to wiggle away from this stem if the compression is not firm enough or if the bezel is not seated well on the gear. To fix it you need to examine the assembly and re-fit all the components together properly. To do this you will need the proper screwdrivers and knowledge about movement removal/installation.

nikemok55

Known Member
10/6/11
Put the watch up side down

And the bezel crown down

Turn slowly, again, again...

Works for me

kulubot

28/6/13
So I opened the caseback, removed the second cover, and I can see the gear that will turn the bezel. As I turn the crown, the gear that will turn the bezel does not turn, but I can feel something engaging then slipping.
Time to remove the movement....