• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need some advice on franken 16610

R0L3X

13/1/13
Hello friends,

So this new HK dial from TC is a huge step forward. Because it's so gen like it deserves a gen crystal and other gen parts.

My idea:

• * TC case
    * HK16610 dial
    * Gen crown
    * Gen crystal
    * TC hands(?)
    * Gen insert
    * TC V3 bracelet + V4 glasp

Gen hands would be great but a Yuki movement is not so reliable and hard to find/expensive.

TC 2824 runs great but there is a lot of play when I'm changing time. Doesn't feel gen at all when turning the crown. Winding same case.

Would Selita be a good alternative? Or maybe something else? ETA is way overrated imo.

Thnx

ado213

Renowned Member
27/4/12
UK
The Sellita is virtually a copy of the ETA, if a Sellita is good enough for you why on earth wouldn't an ETA be?

R0L3X

13/1/13
The Sellita is virtually a copy of the ETA, if a Sellita is good enough for you why on earth wouldn't an ETA be?

ETA is good but not special (standard grade). Had 2 times ETA 2824 and they ran like crap. (+/- 10 sec a day)

My Asians run as good or even better. TC runs great.

Are there any other movements that takes gen hands?

Garyb

I'm Pretty Popular
3/11/13
ETA is good but not special (standard grade). Had 2 times ETA 2824 and they ran like crap. (+/- 10 sec a day)

My Asians run as good or even better. TC runs great.

Are there any other movements that takes gen hands?

Guess I'm not too picky, I would not complain about +/- 10 a day. I have had Balls that were worse then that.

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06
TC hands aren't gen, they're made to fit an eta 2824-2 (Asian or swiss are the same).

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
My eta 2824 runs +3 seconds a day for the last the year. Accuracy and reliability are neve over rated. The Sellita's are a legal copy of the ETA's since the patent has expired.

Ko67

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
5/4/13
There are two issues that are important in watch performance. One is accuracy of the rate, that is, how the watch performs in comparison to a known standard. ( Seconds per day) The other is precision, that is, how consistent is the performance of the watch when compared to itself ( if the watch loses 3 seconds a day, does it Always lose 3 seconds a day across various positions.) With most movements, a watchmaker can get the movement to perform accurately on a test instrument in one position. The precision, however is much more elusive on some asian movements. The manufacturing tolerances and uniformity of finish in swiss movements are what allows very accurate AND precise regulation. There are bad apples in every basket, but the asian clones that i have attempted to regulate are all over the map. Some are very very good, and some are junk. The tc clone i have is the best asian clone i have ever worked on, and mine is within cosc standards in all positions.

arcadia

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/11
Is TC selling his HK dial?

Not yet, nor I wouldn't know if he will have extra part stock. Currently, you have to get it as a whole watch.

bht0504 said:
Do Tc hands match a gen dail? Lume wise

Yes but depends on how old is your dial? Newer ones from D series above is ok.

alligoat said:
TC hands aren't gen, they're made to fit an eta 2824-2

Yes, my predicament with getting Y3135 is you also have to get new hands.

bht0504

28/9/13
One more question, once you cut the feet off a gen dial to use it with a 2824 does that completely eliminate it from ever being used with a 3135 movement? Or can you somehow reattach the feet?
Thank you for your knowledge.

ado213

Renowned Member
27/4/12
UK
If your standard grade eta is running at + - 10/s/day regulate it to get better, simple. If you still have the same opinion on the quality and time keeping of the clones in 5 years time I would be very suppressed!!!