• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BK sub review

keivoc123

Known Member
23/3/13
well got my new sub from stan 2 days ago, resized it pretty awesome. except the movement is really jumpy. It keeps perfect time but the hand almost jumps like a quartz sometimes :p gonna get a new dg2813 movt, but that's minimal cost to what i received. I absolutely love the watch as a whole, its really quite a looker. The bracelet is pretty good, the dial is awesome, no lume however but i can put on superlume later or have a watchsmith do it for me. The rehaut is perfectly aligned. Honestly, i cant complain for $145 and free shipping. Below are a couple pics :)

z1w5Khll.jpg

7PgL5oRl.jpg

and obligatory wristshot :)
Fpi9rlxl.jpg

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
why not just put a 2836. 2813 is jumpy. I hate them. But the watch itself is beautiful. You're sure it's not just the 2813? It's hard to imagine it would keep perfect time if it was not functioning correctly.

D

d4m.test

This watch looks great, especially for that price! If you decide to go with a 2836 instead, you'll need a new datewheel and hands. Get a gen japanese miyota replacement movement instead of one of the chinese clones of it. I think it's a miyota 8215.

keivoc123

Known Member
23/3/13
if someone can link me a movt i can put in it without having to get new hands/datewheel, id be very very grateful.

egroegart

1/7/13
it's the same as 2813. JUMPY. If you don't want jumpy, you need a 28,800 bph movement.

egroegart

1/7/13
I screwed up. I thought it was a gmt movement at first, but it's not, but it's still 21,600 bph, just like2813

keivoc123

Known Member
23/3/13
when i say jumpy, i mean like, it jumps 2 seconds at a time sometimes. a regular functioning mitoya or 2813 wont do that. i just need to know which one is gonna fit inside of it, and if the one i posted is right to buy or not.

D

d4m.test

I'm about 99% sure that the one you posted will work. You just have to swap the date wheels over.

That eBay price seems a bit high. Check ofrei in US or cousins in UK.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

keivoc123

Known Member
23/3/13
ofrei is actually like 50 bucks, and thats w/o shipping. why would i have to change over the datewheel? would it just not align up or not fit? and how would i go about doing that, just like, pulling it off and putting on the new one and gluing it?

WackoBirdKeeper

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
23/3/06
New Jersey, USA
it pretty awesome. except the movement is really jumpy. It keeps perfect time but the hand almost jumps like a quartz sometimes

Please send me a PM about this. What you are describing is not normal for this movement. This happens when some dirt has worked it's way into the movement and it is an easy fix. When you shoot me a PM, I will give you the shipping info and when you get it back, you will see a big difference.

D

d4m.test

Great response from WBK!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

WackoBirdKeeper

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
23/3/06
New Jersey, USA
Awesome customer support. I'm surprised that there's no lume though. I saw a lume shot of one of WBK ' s Subs in this thread:
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=164201
Guess that it must have been applied afterwards...
*Edit* Turns out the lume in that thread came stock. Strange...

My SUBc has lume on it. While it is not superluminova, it's better than average rep lume. Keep in mind that this watch is only $145.00.

As far as keivoc123 not seeing the lume, it is possible that he does not know enough to "charge" the lume before going into the dark. Heck, I have had more than one noob write me and tell me that their new SUBc stopped running and that they wanted to return it so I can put a new battery into it. These peoplen did not know the SUBc was an automatic movement watch. I have had a buyer tell me that the second hour hand on his watch was broken since it only went around the dial once a day. (GMT Hand).

It's all part of the learning process.

Nipples

Horology Curious
5/10/13
Batteries in automatic movement watches... Haha. Anyway, I am familiar with the low price and all. Just wanted to verify that there was indeed lume and you just answered my question. I'm still in the hunt for a decent starter SubC and I will probably end up buying from you, Stan. Best customer support, good location, unbeatable price. Decision time is soon.

newsphoto

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/9/13
GREAT CUSTOMER SUPPORT!!!! :thumbsup:

dvyb.jpg

------------------------

Current Collection
GEN Tag Heuer WE 1122-R - Invicta 9212 - Invicta 6933 - REP Rolex Explorer II (Cheap/Bad early 90s) - REP Rolex Daytona (Cheap/Bad early 90s)

Incoming
REP BP factory Rolex Submariner (ROLSUB115A - 116613 Blue TT/Diam Sub Asian 2813 28800)

Caught & Released
GEN Rolex Submariner (Blue Two Tone, Diamond markers, 16613, X serial number (1991)) - REP Rolex GMT Pepsi (Cheap/Bad early 90s)