• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Does Gen AP has AR Crystal ?

carlton

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/10/11
From what I know, they don't. But of course the crystal that they use are of much better quality than those use in rep AP watches.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
ROOs do not have AR
Divers have single sided AR

Keep in mind, the crystal quality is much better, so they do not need AR.
Anyhow, with colorless AR you can get a nice gen feeling to the dial.

sent from my iPad Air

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I've always understood that it is as Guru posted. If you hold GEN ROO and a Diver side by side you will notice the difference.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
The AP salespeople at ADs I have visited give conflicting answers on this question.
Crystal quality alone is not enough to yield the clarity and transparency of some of their models.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
Let us see what Edge has to say....I agree to Sl...I also asked at
the AD and got different answers. For sure, diver is single.

sent from my iPad Air

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
ROO has no AR, I have a gen roo crystal, will post a thread soon with lots of pics on the AR.

The diver has got single ar on the inside. The RO does not have AR except the 15400, those have inner AR.

Another thing people often are wrong about are the screws, the RO screws are white gold, the ROO screws are SS.

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
Oh and the 44mm ones have got ar as well. I wouldn't be surprised if ap uses ar as well on the 42mm ones now since the other models have if. But they never had AR. Not sure about the latest series since AP just started producing the I series.

hopingirl

Looking Around
13/10/13
new

ROO has no AR, I have a gen roo crystal, will post a thread soon with lots of pics on the AR.

The diver has got single ar on the inside. The RO does not have AR except the 15400, those have inner AR.

Another thing people often are wrong about are the screws, the RO screws are white gold, the ROO screws are SS.

Are you sure that ROO screws are SS? Because my Gen ROO 44mm screws are white gold. I have been told by the seller. Correct me if i'm wrong.