• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex delivery mixup.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
attachment.php

Something like this.

Odyseus

Renowned Member
1/11/11
I had a Noob version of this watch and the blue was spot on - nearer sky blue than purple??

Backlash89

Horology Curious
17/8/12
Sweden
A better image of my watch :) It looks blue until light hits it then i has some kind of a purple tint.

Painter6

30/11/12
I understand your frustration with receiving the wrong watch. Did you get QC pics. If you are not completely disappointed with the watch, keep it. Trying to send it back could be a pain. You could also wear it for a few days and if you decide you don't like it, you can sell it here.

I would contact Mark about the watch. Even if you plan on keeping the watch, he needs to know a mistake was made. I have read a few threads lately about people receiving the wrong watch or a watch with clear defects. I have made two different purchases from Mark and both watched were the wrong watch. I kept the watches. I was most disappointed with how Mark(or someone speaking for Mark) was defensive and only admitted they where the wrong watches after I told them I was a member here on RWI.

Good luck and I hope you get this sorted out.

Backlash89

Horology Curious
17/8/12
Sweden
I am quite satisfied with the watch as long as i get the info about what kind of movement iv got and how interchangeble the parts are. It would be sad if Mark sent me a watch with a cheap movement when i payed as much as i did. I have emailed mark about it and said that im a member of RWI. Hopefully he answers soon.

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
I am quite satisfied with the watch as long as i get the info about what kind of movement iv got and how interchangeble the parts are. It would be sad if Mark sent me a watch with a cheap movement when i payed as much as i did. I have emailed mark about it and said that im a member of RWI. Hopefully he answers soon.

Open the case back of the watch and you will know? with a rubber ball or a ball of duct tape.

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
I was most disappointed with how Mark(or someone speaking for Mark) was defensive and only admitted they where the wrong watches after I told them I was a member here on RWI.

This is gonna put TS out of my TD list for a while...

Backlash89

Horology Curious
17/8/12
Sweden
Haven't heard anything from Mark yet. This is getting annoying. Just discovered that the the dial is full of dust as well so i have to disassemble the watch when i have time.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
You're not going to be certain until you open the back and confirm movement. Secondly did you actually receive QC pics?

To confirm what others have said. It's a BP sub not noob. They are known for having purple dials and metallic inserts. Dust under the glass could happen with any rep.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Backlash89

Horology Curious
17/8/12
Sweden
Yes i know. I did not request QC pics since i have ordered the same watch before and got what i ordered that time. Mark has contacted me before when a watch or accessory hasn't been in stock so why not just contact me instead of shipping shit? I have also checked TSwatch2004 for a blue/purple BP sub and cant find anything. Did they send me a watch that they doesn't even have for sale? And if that's the case i hope i didn't get something cheap..

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Well you've not received "shit". You have still received a pretty high quality replica. However that it is not what you ordered is the matter in hand. I know that the V2 subs are no longer in production until the V3 is made. Whether that stands for the other noob sub models I'm not sure. The V1 noob TT sub that you ordered would be lumped with the old versions. It's possible that the BP sub is the only one available. I'm not even sure if Noob ever supplied subs with 3135 movements. I've only ever seen TW or BP versions.

However in not requesting QC pics you have in part shot yourself in the foot. QC pics are there for a damn good reason. Making sure that you're being sent the watch you ordered. In fact all this drama could have been avoided straight off the bat.

Backlash89

Horology Curious
17/8/12
Sweden
Yeah. Hopefully Mark will straighten things out. I will open the watch when i have time and check the movement.

Backlash89

Horology Curious
17/8/12
Sweden
Hello again!
I have just fixed the bezel and checked the movement. The bezel was stuck because it has probably been placed wrong and fastened with force (due to the non existing gap between the bezel and the case) I put everything back together "gently" and now it works. . The springs looked good so cant blame them.
1455160_766094270084318_445540796_n.jpg

Also opened the back to check the movement :
1452111_766094640084281_811315895_n.jpg

So what movement am i stuck with? (sorry for the bad images iphone4 *cough*)

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
It's the modified 2836 movement to look like a 3135. We call it an A3135. Pretty much exactly what you ordered. The only mix up seems to be that the pics don't match the description or the watch you received.

In all fairness I never knew that noob did watches with a 3135 movement. The advert is misleading. And for that I understand you're annoyance. However given that I don't think there is much supply of the 116613 Noob V1 at the moment this is the next best thing. In fact it does a lot of things better. It has an AR crystal for starters.

It's up to you where you go from here. Technically you received the wrong watch that you thought you were ordering. In consolation you still received something worth what you paid for it, so you weren't ripped off.