• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ceramic SMP 300m Black

joshtammi

3/8/10
I'm looking at grabbing a ceramic SMP 300m black,

having read a lot that the CrPO has had a few issues with fading I was curious to know if the CrSMP also suffers the same fate?

Tried a search but no results.

I have also heard that the blue ceramic does not fade when compared to the black? so on the safe side a blue CrSMP is probably the best bet?

Also what's the deal with only swiss movements these days!?! when I joined a few years ago you paid an arm and a leg for swiss, now every man and his watch has a "swiss movement" - I'm guessing they are largely overrated and a sneaky marketing technique?

Cheers for the help in advance

GrimReaper

Known Member
2/5/13
Swiss movements from BP factory (they make the mentioned SMP) are old refurbished ones.
I can tell you my Asian ETA is better than Swiss ETA, both are from BP factory.
On my Swiss, the rotor is very loose and it rattles. Also turning of crown is very rough.
But other than that, it works without problems and it came regulated +1s/day. And it has a 40 and a half hour power reserve.

But in SMP 2012, SMP 007 50th, Skyfall PO, Aqua Terra and perhaps some other, you don't have a choice, only refurbished Swiss ETA is available.

AFAIK, only Noob has new Swiss ETA movements, they also have Sellita. And I got a nice Swiss ETA movement from Hont, but the watch itself is very bad, probably from some unknown factory.
I think the watch itself has to be really good to warrant a Swiss movement, and I don't think BP and Noob factory make such watch. Otherwise Asian ETA is more than enough.

Here is a nice list from best to worse movement in replicas:
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/omega-seamaster-pro-150166?p=1494620#post-1494620
There is also DG4813, 28.800bph version of DG2813, and is of course positioned between Asian ETA and DG2813.

As for SMP 2012, this is what I found:
http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/163041-trevor-talked-me-out-of-the-new-seamaster-ceramic/?p=1276259
Tried to buy the 007 50th myself, gave up after terrible batches of QC pics, wonky hour markers, logos, bezels, and even entire dials off angle, one only had single sided AR too.....

So, that's probably what he was suggesting, the QC on these pieces was the worst I have ever come across

And 2 reviews:
http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/161542-omega-seamaster-300m-ceramic-black-a-review-finally/
http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=63221

joshtammi

3/8/10
Thanks so much mate!!

Unfortunately I don't have memberships at the others, too many forums to keep track of haha hence why I never found most of that!

I might bite the bullet on the black CrSMP or go with the original blue wave dial, i hear they are an amazing out of box rep!

joshtammi

3/8/10
Bit the bullet,

Picked up a Ceramic SMP 300m in black from TS. Only real issue I need to look out for are bezel and insert alignment and crown screwing down fully.

Will update shortly!!

joshtammi

3/8/10
i've heard TS don't send QC pics all the time, so i'll continually remind them too:p

I dont think you can remove the insert without breaking it if it needs to be realigned.

joshtammi

3/8/10
Ok QC pics were received and unfortunately the bezel was the only issue,

Insert doesnt align with the bezel as it should and given it can't be removed and reseated easily I have asked for another. If they can't do it ill just swap to a CrPO 42mm

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I was contemplating getting one of these, but the bezel numbers were not flush(filled in and smooth). They were grooved like the Ceramic Sub.

joshtammi

3/8/10
Yeah I think if I can't get a decent one at least (given that for $300 you think they could glue the insert in properly) ill just go the CrPO. Waiting to hear back from TS at the moment.

Dukes

Renowned Member
3/4/13
I got a really good one of these a couple of weeks ago (Blue), and have the bond 50th Anni model (Black). I'm very happy with both watches, both came from Sora.

photo+2.JPG

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Can you post more pics of the blue please? It looks very promising!

joshtammi

3/8/10
hey guys finally got the watch yesterday!

Overall I am very pleased, it is definitely close to gen. The only issue i had was a raised pearl and misaligned bezel, which were all fixed within 5 minutes with a hair dryer and screw driver.

The bezel is very nice, looks grey under inside lighting, but in the sun goes pitch black. AR is amazing, band is one of the best I have felt, so smooth and very easy to wear. HE Valve screws off completely, I can't tell if it goes all the way through to the case but I will epoxy it shut anyways!

Links on the band are super easy to remove as they use the screws. Crown screws in flush against the case and bezel has minimal free play with a solid 120 clicks.

lume is good, could be brighter but typical rep "superlume" as they call it anyways, the green and the blue is distinct. Watch is very solid feeling nice and heavy, haven't weighed though. Caselines are well cut and not overly sharp. Caseback is almost perfect except the sand lines are too visible if that makes sense. clasp feels solid and secure, extension pulls out and sits in firmly.

I'm very happy! Thanks to TSWatch for this one!

Cheers

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
That's a lot of watch for the buck. Does Ofrei sell the bezel yet?

joshtammi

3/8/10
Yeh it's not bad.

No I think they only have the planet ocean ceramics.

But I would definitely get a gen bezel if the opportunity arises, the only real issue is that the triangle around the pearl is heavily recessed. Like they forgot to fill it in.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Since this model has the closed case back, it would be a good Franken. I'm just not sure if the rep case and potentially available Gen bezel will work together. :shlug:

joshtammi

3/8/10
Anyway to check? Or is it bite the bullet and buy it.

Could I just buy the ceramic insert?