• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Salutations from Hicksville, Ohio (It's a real place)

Amikey58

Horology Curious
6/11/13
Greetings,

I am a poor college student that is very interested in watches that cost more than my tuition. So naturally, when I stubbled across this cite I fell in love. My current dream watch is the Omega Planet Ocean Skyfall Limited Edition. It is an exquisite watch with a superb and sporty design. I would really like this watch to be my first purchase here on RWI, but I am unsure who to buy from. Stan from WBK Time is selling one that looks quite promising with a miyota movement. I am not yet an expert on movements so I was wondering how some of you feel about the miyota? Is it a solid movement or will it break after less than a year? Also, Should I go with Stan or should I look elsewhere?

Thanks have a good one,
A-mike

flyr

Renowned Member
15/9/12
Welcome to the forum! Be aware the Mitoya is a quartz movement(it will tick) The gen has a mechanical movement that sweeps. That being said the Quartz movement will keep excellent time and will not have to be worn regularly to keep running like a mechanical movement does. It is up to you. Good luck on your future purchase from whatever TD you choose. Here is some info on movements.http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=163693&highlight=movements
http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6930

Doright

Renowned Member
3/8/13
Hey Mike,
Welcome from San Francisco, probably as far, culturally, from Hicksville as you can get.
Funny that you mention the Omega PO, as that was my very first purchase 3 months ago. Your going to like it here. A wealth of information and a lot of cool people. Have fun!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
Omega.......

:thumbsup: Getting your first watch from Stan would be a great way to have a taste of what Reps are all about. Can never go wrong ordering from him as he is based right here in the US [CONUS] and ships fast as hell, guarantees your purchase and should any problems arise, fixes it like lightning! After that, then you may go on to the better stuff like Swiss ETA movements or their great clone movements available from our overseas [China] based TDs [trusted dealers] The movement in Stans watches are actually the Chinese 2813/4813 types or derivatives with a lot of features copied from the Japanese Miyota [Citizen] movements. Are quite reliable and keep very good time too. Your choice, your budget, your decision. Hope you get a great one, most everyone here has!! .................... Oh and a very fine welcome from Los Angeles California, where most everyone here wears a good Rep, including the stars walking along Sunset and Hollywood Blvd..........or rather, wanna be "stars". :RWI:

PAMily

Known Member
12/10/13
Welcome onboard..
Hope you can share your purchase once you have decided which one to go.

Amikey58

Horology Curious
6/11/13
Thanks for the feedback guys! It means a lot! I'm really digging this forum so far. Can't wait to order my watch. It's going to be a little Christmas present to myself! I'm really leaning toward ordering the Omega from Stan. I really like all the positive feedback he has been given. Here is a pic of the Planet Ocean I've been drooling over the past few months.
SE104_Planet_Ocean_SKYFALL_LE._01.jpg

Amikey58

Horology Curious
6/11/13
Also, how do you guys take care of your reps? Do you oil them from time to time?

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
Omega........

No need to oil them my friend, just treat them like you would a casio or timex, they are GOOD reps............wear them like you would any watch....no maintenance or oil changes required !! :cheers:

mike 8

Legendary Member
13/8/11
Welcome from New York
Stan is a excellent dealer
and like the others said
he will take good care of you

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
:thumbsup: WE LOVE WATCHES! (you're gonna like it here, kid!):woot::cheer: