• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ap deployment clasp uncomfortable

Pratt

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/4/13
Hi guys, why is the Ap roo deployment clasp so uncomfortable to wear it ? Anyway to go around it?

rey619

Supporter
9/3/13
It is super uncomfortable! I'm thinking of changing it all the AP bands buckle.

faberjay111

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/12
For me, it depends. On some straps it is uncomfortable...on others it's ok!

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
uncomfortable for me also. Thinking of buying AP bands buckle and I have also changed to AP Diver buckles ---- bought a bunch of 5 Diver buckles recently. Much much nicer

chromed.

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/10
usually the case for smaller wristed ppl. i've long ditched the deployant for tang buckle. currently using a generic 18mm buckle which looks nice. another alternative is 18mm IWC style tang buckle, looks nice as well, esp with the brushed/polished look. kinda matches the ROO case.

am thinking of modding the deployant to butterfly, will see how it turns out when its done..

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Deployant feels great on mine, very comfy, but im at least 7.5" wrist.

justudor

18/1/13
I think everyone is on the ball here. I have 6,75 and a butterfly deploy typically does not sit centre of wrist. Even when it does it protrudes too much.

Single fold deployments are the way to go.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

valante

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/13
the way the gen people solve this issue is by reversing the strap.

so the short strap will be beneath and the long one will be on the top.

i complain to AP AD before and they said that most of the issue is because we use a medium size strap, instead of XS strap. thats why the buckle on the side instead of the bottom.
that is the answer from AD

socialnewyork

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/1/09
I own a handful of REPs fitted with a OEM Strap + OEM Buckle but the disconfort persists...

It has more to do with the case thickness/design/dimensions/weight than anything else, trust me on this one.

Of course I don't experience the same issues with my GENs
;-)

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
it depends on your wrist size, i think. i have a 7" wirst and love the deployant buckle from my ROO with a rubber strap standard size. easy entry.

DreambreaX

Renowned Member
26/11/12
deployant makes my hand hurt. the AP LOGO IS NOW ON MY WRIST. its push my wrist so bad. its going to hurt after wearing more than 6 hours.

chromed.

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/10
the way the gen people solve this issue is by reversing the strap.

so the short strap will be beneath and the long one will be on the top.

i complain to AP AD before and they said that most of the issue is because we use a medium size strap, instead of XS strap. thats why the buckle on the side instead of the bottom.
that is the answer from AD

interesting! might give it a shot, altho, i think it looks weird.

I think everyone is on the ball here. I have 6,75 and a butterfly deploy typically does not sit centre of wrist. Even when it does it protrudes too much.

Single fold deployments are the way to go.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

i'm bet 6.5-6.75 & the deployant "eats" into my skin aft a couple hrs of wear, which is fairly ok but i ditched my deployant cux of my wrist bone structure&it doesnt just "eat" but it also hurts.

i guess it does depend on wrist size&bone structure.

valante

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/13
Please try it.

Its much more comfy.

Feels a bit weird tou in the begining.

fitipaldi

8/10/10
I created my own buckle :): using the "head" of the rep buckle and an aftermarket deployment.

I posted it in RWG: http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=215734

Results: (extremely comfortable :))

pdgw.jpg

h0ql.jpg

lx13.jpg

chromed.

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/10
hey fit, could u repost it here on RWI.?

some of us dont have access to RG.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
You can always change the deployant for a TANG buckle. Other option is to invert the straps position, The longer part up to 12' and the other at 6'. It will feel much more confortable in your wrist. And if you ever buy a custom made strap, have the short side 5 mm shorter, then the deployent radius fits more your wrist.
Easy, I have no problems with mine, even after 14h. HBB is more of a problem

sent from my iPad Air

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
yeah, the switching of the 6 & 12 straps worked perfectly for me. doesn't look weird in the least bit.

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
I swapped deployant for a generic tang

APROO are built for larger wrists