• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

OK, where do I book?

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
75k? The profit margin on a hot air balloon ride seems... steep. lol

I'd consider if I could jump out like Capt. Kittinger.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Kittinger"]Joseph Kittinger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Ah it's a little more than a hot air balloon ride mate. For starters it's a helium balloon and you throw it away every launch.

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
Ah it's a little more than a hot air balloon ride mate. For starters it's a helium balloon and you throw it away every launch.

Pardon my NY Sarcasm. ;)

I'm sure however they are making a hefty profit off of it as they should.... Imagine something went wrong that high up. You would have a very long time to ponder how ****** one was on that decent....

I'd consider it at some point even at that price. it's an experience almost no one gets...

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Oh I'm sure the return is healthy yes.
As for the risk I'd say less than Branson's over sized bottle rocket and what the hell, you probably have more chance of being killed crossing Park Avenue than on that flight.

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
I wonder how they manage the return to a certain radius without any propulsion.
Winds can really take you somewhere else in that height...

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Very carefull flight planning, a crack met guy, skillful navigation and the fact you spend a lot of time under a steerable canopy. All the same exact touchdown is probably a bit hit and miss, another reason for the cost as they need to return you and the gear to point of origin.

zero_deficit

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/12
I see this going bankrupt already. Alternatives with shuttles/planes should be available.

There's a MIG-29 flight you can take to 75,000 ft with an additional 4 days tour in Russia, and it's around $30k. Google 'MIG-29 Edge of Space flight' for more info.

Imo though, not as awesome as gracefully floating up to 120,000 ft in a high-altitude balloon

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
Only $75K for SUCH an experience??????? Guys, do you remember all your hookers, that took way more from you in your lifetime? I don't think so. But THAT you'd remember to the rest of your life. No brainer. Thanks for posting, Boss, now I'll save some dough for it.

Tonyy

Renowned Member
3/7/13
Wow that looks amazing!

I can imagine the serenity of being inside the capsule. They'd probably play nice relaxing music as youre slowly rising up to space.

Wacker23

I'm Pretty Popular
22/8/09
Im thinking in 20 years ill be 60 and ill be able to afford it. Im hoping it will also be a little cheaper by then.