• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

gen pam111 strap?

jhk222

Looking Around
9/9/13
Hello, Im a noob here:)

I recently got a pam111 noob v3 and im wondering is that a necessary to change the rep strap to a gen? (rubber or brown calf)

as well as can anyone tell me where i can find the gen starp online(and the price plz)?

I did some research but the information i got is all about the aftermarket strap:)

many many thanks!:D::D::D:

JHK

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
New guy's Post No: 1

You will have to do some reading here...and lots of it. Most members here have done that and have gotten answers to all their questions, and then some. Oh and by the way, Welcome from Los Angeles, California. :cheers:

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Forget about he gen strap, get a custom made strap. much cheaper and style.

Sent using Tapatalk

Mickyman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/7/13
Hey JHK,

I am thinking the same thing for my PAM also, I guess you are after a cleaner OEM look too, as I am sure the strap shouldn't be over $500 I am guessing, I have had a little search here and on other forums, even google, nothing much found yet for OEM straps, but saw a few original straps on eBay (leather) go for around avg $300.

So at least you get an idea on cost.

Polebear

Known Member
10/1/13
Forget about he gen strap, get a custom made strap. much cheaper and style.

Sent using Tapatalk

x2

Look at Toshi straps, Bakeka (good pricing) and wotancraft when you want top of the bill..and there are many many others..!!
Good luck!

jhk222

Looking Around
9/9/13
many thanks all above:)
$300 seems too much

will consider a OEM:)

btw is the one comes from TD (like the brown calf) really that bad compared to gen?

Mickyman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/7/13
It's a OEM gen, they will be above $300 just the way it is, yes check out some of the customs around, they are awesome!

DreambreaX

Renowned Member
26/11/12
I have the same rep with 111 brown strap. I wonder the quality and color compare to gen

owram2

Horology Curious
2/7/13
jhk, only buy gen if only it offer you something that aftermarket do not. Eg Asso..
Most gen owners (including myself) do not use gen strap. Simply because the gen does not offer what we wan. Not just because of the cost. So just go ahead and choose the leather with the style and color you wan.

DreambreaX

Renowned Member
26/11/12
jhk, only buy gen if only it offer you something that aftermarket do not. Eg Asso..
Most gen owners (including myself) do not use gen strap. Simply because the gen does not offer what we wan. Not just because of the cost. So just go ahead and choose the leather with the style and color you wan.

111 strap is very special for me. the brown gives the character

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
the rep strap is rubbish.
the gen OEM is overpriced
custom strap is the way to go, or strap a $50 rep asso strap on it.

PAMily

Known Member
12/10/13
Go for the aftermarket strap.
Even gen owner do not use the gen straps.

ddc

Renowned Member
20/6/11
The rep rubber is 99% close to gen in feeling and quality (I was on of the fools that actually bought a gen so I know). The rep leather is just chimney fuel...